My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day #39 - "Travel Series Part 3c" - Home Sweet Home

I have mentioned before that I used to travel a lot for work and it does take a toll on your body after a while. Since I have started at my new company, I have cut down on the traveling part a good amount. I am spending most of my time in New Jersey traveling back and fourth from my apartment to the office and I can't complain. You would think that having the ability to travel with work would make anyone want to take advantage of it. But I will tell you this, more times then none, I find myself missing home a lot when I travel. I am at that point in my life were I want to concentrate on building my life, growing my family, and of course getting myself healthy. I will continue to travel for work when I need to, but I am quite happy with the mission I chose to develop and am committed to follow. And when I am on the road, I will continue to stay on the path, "The Mission to Healthy."

Where ever I maybe in the world, I always try to put my best foot forward when meeting new people for the first time. While traveling home today, I was forced to fly on, what I would call, the smallest commercial plane ever created. I had to duck when entering and walking through the plane. Not to mention, I had to squeeze into a small chair next to a lady who I thought I was going to crush. We actually had to sit next to each other with the middle arm rest up because I would have never fit into the chair if it was down. I had apologized to her several times for being on top of her. She had told me, "It wasn't my fault at all and it was just like she was sitting next to her son." It turns out that her son was around the same age as me and he was struggling with weight issues as well. She is trying to help him lose weight and was in search of a program that can help. After hearing her story, I proceeded to tell her about the blog site, as well as my struggles with weight. I had also mentioned that I am currently trying Weight Watchers and it has helped me lose 25 lbs. I did also mention to her that the most important key to my weight loss success so far was, the support group that has formed around the blog. It has helped to keep me both inspired and motivated. She had thanked me for the good advice and said that she was going to make sure that her and her son checked out the blog. She was hoping that it would inspire him as well.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 40 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 1 fruit cup = Points 2
Lunch - Chicken BLT Salad with fat free french dressing from Wendy's = Points 15
Dinner - French Onion Soup, Steak and mushrooms with broccoli and potatoes = Points 14
Late Night Snack - 5 points worth of mini rice cakes and a Weight Watchers Ice Cream Cone = Points 7

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 Points (2 points under my limit)

Exercise

I woke up at 5am MST / 7am EST to catch a flight. I was traveling the entire day and I got home at 10pm. I am honestly very exhausted and I didn't get to the gym at all. However, I am back home and my normal workout routine starts again tomorrow. The important things is, that I stayed on the path over the last few travel days and ate very healthy.

Day #39 - Weigh-In = 276.8 lbs
Day #39 Weigh-In










Day #39 Front Shot




No comments:

Post a Comment