My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day #27 - No Pain, No Gain

Today started like any other day. I woke up this morning, got dressed, and proceeded to do work. The day may of started like any other day but I didn't feel the same this morning. I woke up and the first thing I noticed was that my body was soar from head to toe. I have been seriously hitting the gym for roughly the last week and the hard work is starting to pay off. I know that my workouts are are being done correctly because I am feeling soar the same day and even a few days after. I did an upper body workout on Day #23 (Tuesday of this week) and I did a lower body workout last night. Like I said, I am soar from my head to my toes. I made sure however, to not over do it for my first time incorporating weights into my workout routine. With time, I will work my way up to where I want to be. I am in no rush.

Like I mentioned in my post yesterday, I really would like to get into the habit of working out in the morning. This will give me a chance to boost my metabolism and burn more fat. I only worked a half day today and I was determined workout early enough so I can put today's post up at a reasonable time and enjoy the rest of my night. I managed to make my way to the gym at 6:30pm today. I know it wasn't the morning but it is a great improvement from last night's 10:30pm workout. Anyway, I made it to the gym and proceeded to run on the elliptical machine for 30 mins.

After I was done with the elliptical, I attempted to do my first full core body workout in about what seems to be 5 months. I did a little core the other day but nothing big. I made my way to the workout mat and plopped down on my back. What happened next could only described as a train wreck. I attempted to do 2 sets of 12 crunches and let me tell you my stomach got in the way of every single one of those crunches. About half way through my first set, I started to cramp up and barley got to 12. So, I decided to give it a minute before I attempted my second set. After a minute had gone by, I started into my second set and managed to make it to 12 reps without any cramping. I ended the core body workout by doing 2 sets of legs lifts and 2 sets of side twist on the cable machine. I honestly feel like I have been punched in the stomach at least 20 times. But like I said before, I am going to take it nice and easy and work my way up.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = Points 41)
(For everyone who is new to the blog, I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 3 egg whites on whole wheat bread (Weight Watchers), and a slice of fat free american cheese = Points 3
Early Afternoon - 1 slice and a half of home made chicken pot pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) from last night = Points 7
Snack - Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar (Weight Watchers) = Points 3
Late Afternoon - Tuna on a 6" whole wheat roll with a slice of american cheese, a bag of baked chips, and a bag of apple slices (Subway) = Points 14
Dinner - 2 cups of steamed chicken and broccoli with a cup of brown rice = Points 10
Dessert - Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar (Weight Watchers) = Points 3

Total Points Eaten Today = 40 Points (1 point under my limit)

Exercise

I went to the gym at 6:30pm today and ran for 30 mins on the elliptical machine. I then did a core body routine that consisted of: crunches (2 sets of 13 reps), leg lifts (2 sets of 12 reps), and side twist on the cable machine (2 sets of 12 reps each side). Tomorrow I will be running for about 15 mins and then I will do my upper body routine.

Day #27 - Weigh-In = 283 lbs
Day #27 Weigh-In











Day #27 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment