My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day #24 - Travel Series Part 2c / Your Clothes Don't Lie

Well.... it is 1:30am EST and I just arrived home from my trip to Charleston, SC. It was a very hot but productive last 3 days. I would call the trip a success on both the professional and personal side. It was a success professionally because I had a lot of questions answered pertaining to an event I am developing. It was a success for me personally because it was the first time I traveled out side the state while on my mission. I now know that I have the motivation and drive to continue my weight loss anywhere. I managed to eat healthy, make time for my workout routine, take my picture, and weigh my self with my own scale that I packed inside my suit case. I would say that the Travel Series Part 2 was a complete success!!!

Your Clothes Don't Lie

I noticed something very up lifting this at the beginning of this week. I can now buckle my belt hook into the second hole without any trouble. I know it might sound weird to some people who are reading this post but something as simple as being able to make your belt tighter without cutting off your circulation is a stepping stone for getting closer to your overall goal. I also noticed my my clothes were starting to get lose and fitting a little better.

I had purchased a new suit about a week before I started my mission for my friend's wedding. I also considered it an investment because I could use it for work related meetings as well. Anyway, when I purchased the suit, it was a little snug on me around the waist because I didn't want the pants to fall down without a belt on. Well guess what, I am having trouble keeping them up event with my belt on. I also purchased 2 pairs of nice shorts and 2 nice polo's around the same time. Those too are getting lose and baggy on me. It sucks that at that time, about a week, before I started my mission, I had to purchase all these new clothes. The reason I did was because nothing I owned would fit me anymore. It was like I took my money, went to the window, and dropped it all outside for other people to pickup. I do, however, have a new plan put in place. When I reach my goal, I am going to give all of my old clothes away and I am not going to purchase any more clothes in any plus sizes ever again. That will give me one aspect of motivation to help me maintain the weight loss. Remember, your clothes don't lie. If they are fitting better, then you are doing something right.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 41 Points)
(For all the new people, I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 Special K Bars = Points 4
Early Afternoon Meal - Deli Turkey on a large bagel with a slice of provolone cheese and a fruit cup = Points 15
Late Afternoon Meal - Deli Turkey on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese and a bag of baked chips = 16
Dinner - Small Italian Classic Sub from Quizno's with a bag of baked chips = 14

Total Points Eaten Today = 49 Points (I went 8 points over limit. I honestly didn't realize I ate that many points over. I was distracted with trying to get home.)

Exercise

I didn't have any time to exercise today. I had meetings the whole morning into the afternoon. Then I had to drive 2 hours from Charleston, SC to Columbia, SC to catch my flight home. And I just got home from the airport at 1:30am. I will exercise tomorrow.

Day #24 -Weigh-In = 284.6 lbs (I figured it would move because I didn't workout and I ate over my points. I just I have to keep on moving forward tomorrow).
Day #24 Weigh-In











Day #24 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment