My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day #21 - Don't Sitback and Expect Things to Happen

Today I learned a valuable lesson. Don't assume that anything is just going to happen.

Just a little while ago, I stepped on my scale and I weighed in at a little more then what I weighed in at yesterday. Now, I understand that during the course of a weight loss program people hit plateaus. The proper action to correct that kind of situation is to switch up what you are doing to shock your body. So, I sat down to read back through my notes and all my posts to see what I can adjust to move forward. I started to expand my food/meal selections as well as stepping outside of my comfort zone to try different kinds of great tasting healthy foods. I believe that has been working for me so far. However, what I did find was that I was literally doing nothing at all. What I mean by that, is I have not been fully executing a consistent exercise routine. For the last week or so I have been more active then I was before I started my mission by walking, playing sports, moving my entire office, etc... but I haven't really been going to the gym on a consistent basis.

I have gotten complacent because I was losing weight so easily. I am eating 100% better then I was before. Now, don't get me wrong I am happy that I have lost around 16 lbs in the last 21 Days but that is no excuse for being lazy when it comes to engaging in a true exercise routine. I would like to apologize to all of you for my lack of effort on the exercise portion of my weight loss mission. I have become to focused with eating healthy that I have neglected to pay attention to the most important part of a diet. How are all of you going to trust me as a person to lean on if I don't give it a 100% effort on my side? I promise that I will never be stuck in this situation again. I am going to make time to sit down and actually plan out an exercise routine that I will share with you all.

I have always been a believer of, if you want to get something done, you make it happen. You can't wait for it to come to you. I am not going to let this little road bump get me down anymore then it already has. Like my quote said yesterday, "It's not about every meal, or everyday being perfect. It is about the big picture, the goal, a healthy lifestyle, and a healthy you." If you hit a wall, you find a way around it.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 41 Points)

(For everyone who is new to the blog, I follow the Weight Watchers Point System)

Breakfast - 3 scrambled egg whites, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast, and a fruit cup = Points 7
Snack - 2 rice cakes, 1 peanut butter bar ice cream (Weight Watchers) = Points 5
Lunch - Chicken teriyaki on whole wheat roll with 2 slice of american cheese and a bag of baked chips = Points 18
Dinner - My fiancee cooked a nice healthy meal: Chicken parm with whole wheat pasta (Weight Watcher's recipe) = Points 9
Dessert - Cup of cookie dough ice cream (Weight Watchers) = Points 2
Total Points Eaten Today = 41 Points

Exercise

I went to the golf range today with my father and brother for Father's Day. Hitting a jumbo bucket of golf balls in a 100 degree weather can take a lot out of you.

Day #21 - Weigh-In = 286.6








Day #21 Front Shot








Day #21 Dinner







No comments:

Post a Comment