My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day #25 - Noticing Changes

Yesterday I expressed my excitement, with all of you, about my clothes starting to feel lose around my body. Not only was I noticing the clothes, but I could tell that I was starting to physically feel better. Even though I can't physically see the changes myself in the mirror, I could feel them happening. I am happy that these changes are starting to occur.

Today, I was made aware of more changes but I wasn't noticing them this time, it was other people. I see myself everyday in the mirror and I believe that I am my own worst critic when it comes to seeing progress pertaining to health and weight loss. However, when I receive comments from other people about how I look, it makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. My brother picked me up from the airport early this morning when I arrived home from Charleston, SC. The first thing he said to me was, "Wow you are looking good." I was pleased to hear that. I asked him what are the changes that he is noticing with me. He said that my face was looking thinner and it looked like my overall body size has gotten a little smaller. I hadn't seen him in a few days, so it was a lot easier for him to see these changes then it was for me to see them.

During work today, I had crawled under my desk to plug in my laptop. While on the floor, my fiancee turned to me and said that she could definitely see a physical change on me. That too, was a nice thing to hear and she sees me everyday!!! I think it is important to have a support system like that to constantly remind you, that even though it is a long road, the changes are going to happen, if you work at it. Even though I don't see them, it doesn't mean that others don't.

I also appreciate the encouragement that everyone sends me everyday either in comments or in direct messages. To know that everyone has my back on this mission, is motivation in itself. Please keep on commenting and sharing advice, it is helping me and I hope others as well.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 41 Points)
(For everyone new to the blog, I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Scrambled egg whites on whole wheat toast with a cup of fruit = Points 9
Lunch - Grilled chicken on a multi grain roll with a slice of american cheese and a bag of 40% reduced fat kettle cooked potato chips (Wyckoff Deli) = Points 17
Dinner - 2 "Morning Star Farms" veggie burgers with 2 slices of fat free kraft american cheese on two slices of Weight Watcher's multi grain bread. 1 cup of "Rice-o-Roni" 33% less sodium chicken rice = Points 11
Dessert - 1 rice cake and 1 cup of Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream = Points 3

Total Points Eaten Today = 40 Points (I was 1 point under my limit)

Exercise

Today I ran for 30 mins on the elliptical machine and I did a few core body exercises. Tomorrow I have a softball game and a lower body workout day.

Day #25 - Weigh-In = 284.8 lbs (I have been weighing in around the same weight for a few days now. I have been working out on a consistent basis for the last few days as well. I believe that once a develop a habit with a solid workout routine, the weight will start coming off again. After losing the first 18 lbs pretty quickly, I might have gotten into the area of losing a healthy 1-2 lbs a week. That is a great place to be at as well.)
Day #25 Weigh-In











Day #25 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment