My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day #4 - M.O.T.I.V.A.T.I.O.N!


The Day in Review

Hey everyone! It is Saturday, September 15, 2012 and I am feeling extremely Motivated today! Well to tell you the truth, I have been very motivated since I brought back "The Heavy Man's Diary". But as for today, I am feeling extra Motivated.

Before I get into my day, I would first like to address an issue that I noticed last night. For all of you who read this blog from a desktop computer or a laptop, you know that I like to start each post with an intro video. I just recently added this piece to my posts because I feel that it gives you all a little more insight into my personality. Sometimes I feel that I have a hard time portraying my personality through written word. And even if each video is only a few seconds long, I think it is a cool piece. Anyway, I was on my IPhone last night looking at the blog site and I noticed that there is a vacant spot where the video is supposed to be and it actually makes me look like I have a problem with spacing. After I noticed this, I tried logging onto the blog site from my IPad as well and the same problem popped up! As frustrating as this is to me, I still want to continue to add the intro videos into my posts because it feels like a post is incomplete without it. On the other hand, not everyone is able to view the videos. It all depends on what device you are reading the blog on. I am curious to know what you all think about the intro video piece. Should I keep it or should I get rid of it? Please let me know, Thanks.

OK.... Now getting to the day! I woke up this morning extremely sore! And when I say I was sore..... I mean I was SORE! And to be accurate, I am still feeling very sore right now. You all know by now that I have not visited a gym or done any physical activity for the last few months. And this past Thursday was my first day back. Now fast forward to today, which was my third day in a row working out and I am feeling like I just went through a week of getting the crap beat out of me. Sorry for the analogy but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't express it this way. So you could only imagine how I was feeling before I even gathered the courage to go to the gym today, to complete my third day in a row.

To tell you the truth, I was delaying the trip for as long as I could. And then I started to read all of the comments and personal messages I have received from all of you over the past few days. It was one great message of support after another and before I knew it I was lacing up my sneakers to walk out the door towards the gym. You see.... it may say in a lot of your messages, that I help to motivate you but I think it is a two way street! I can't tell you how many times in the past that I wanted to give up because losing and maintaining a healthy weight is extremely hard for me. But then I would receive a great message of support / encouragement and I would be motivated all over again! That is what I have been feeling now for the last couple of days. It was something that I lost for the past two plus years but by an act of kindness from many of you, I am able to get that motivation back! I believe we all can help each other out! Because I have been there before and I know I can't do it by myself.

So I would like to thank you all once again for helping me find the strength to keep going now, like many of you have done for me in the past. Let's do this together and make it a little bit easier to get healthy!


Today's Meals (I am allowed 57 Weight Watcher's Points / Day)

Breakfast - 2 Boca Chicken Patties on Wheat Bread with 2 Slices of WW American Cheese and a side of Baked Tostitos = 15 Points
Lunch #1 - 2 Boca Chicken Patties on Wheat Bread with 2 Slices of WW American Cheese and a side of Baked Tostitos = 15 Points
Lunch #2 - 2 drained cans of Bumble Bee Tuna with two Tbsp of Real Hellman's Mayo on Wheat Bread and a side of Baked Tostitos Scoops = 18 Points
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Two Cheese Veg Lasagna (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = 7 Points
Snack - 1 piece of left over Turkey from last night's dinner = 2 Points

Total Points Eaten Today = 57 Points


Today's Workout / Exercise Routine

Exercise #1 - Bench Press (12 Reps at 35lbs on each side of the bar), (10 Reps at 40lbs on each side of the bar), (8 Reps at 45lbs on each side of the bar), and (6 Reps at 50lbs on each side of the bar)
Exercise #2 - Bent Over Cable Rows (12 Reps x 3 Sets Standing on a Bosu Ball - Reverse Grip)
Exercise #3 - Incline Dumbbell Bicep Curls (12 Reps x 3 Sets with two 15lb Dumbbells)
Exercise #4 - Triceps Extension (12 Reps x 3 Sets with a 25lb Dumbbell sitting on a Flat Bench)
Exercise #5 - Dumbbell Punches (30 Seconds x 3 Sets with two 5lb Dumbbells)
Exercise #6 - Close Grip Row (12 Reps x 3 Sets at 70lbs)
Exercise #7 - Medicine Ball Circle Hops (10 Reps x 3 Sets with a 10lb Medicine Ball)
Exercise #8 - Single Arm Cable Pull (12 Reps x 3 Sets at 20lbs Standing on a Bosu Ball going across the body - Each Side)


Today's Photo

Saturday, September 15, 2012
(Front Shot)

1 comment:

  1. I must say that I always find comments motivating. In fact I think blogging is a great way to find motivation!!
    Good for you for getting out the door and going to the gym when feeling sore. It is really hard sometimes to work up the energy when you're feeling sore.
    You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete