My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day #3 - More Battles to be Won!


The Day in Review

Hey my friends!! It is Friday, September 14, 2012 and this is officially Day #3 of the "Heavy Man's Diary!" If you have been following this blog for the last few days, you will know what I mean when I say the word "battles". If you are just joining us for the first time, I mentioned in the Day #1 post, that we all face battles on a day to day basis and will continue to until the day we die. However, no matter how many battles are won and lost, the main goal is to win the "War"! And my "War" is a little something I like to call, "The Mission to Healthy."

Anyway, the first battle of my day started early this morning. I originally planned to execute my workout routine before my busy day had begun. I had a lot to do today and I had the feeling that if I did not get my workout in this morning, I would have trouble getting it in later in the day. However, the morning didn't go exactly as planned. I woke up early for my baby boy Connor's early morning bottle. Everything went well like it normally does but then something that I did not plan for happened. He was wide awake and smiling after he finished his bottle! He is usually asleep after he is done with his bottle and back in his crib shortly after. Now don't get me wrong, I loved spending that time with him and seeing his face light up! But when Daddy has a busy day that needs to start off with his exercise routine, he would have loved for Connor to go back to sleep. Eventually he did get back to sleep. However, I ended up sleeping in a little later than I wanted to. None the less, I have been so motivated lately that I decided to wait until the end of the day to go to the gym. And let me tell you, it actually worked out better that way. I won the workout routine battle of the day and still got to see my son smiling this morning!

The second battle of the day took place at dinner time. Last week my wife Patty and I had made dinner plans with my Grandmother for tonight. That part is all good. However, I had been so caught up in bringing "The Heavy Man's Diary" back and with work that I forgot to mention to her that I was back to eating healthy. So when she called this morning to let me know that we were having Turkey and all of the normal side dishes that you have for a Thanksgiving Dinner, I did not panic! Well let's say, I did not panic that much. My family and friends are always awesome when it comes to helping me stay on track when I eat at their houses. So I knew that I was not in danger of eating anything that would screw up my Weight Watcher's Points for the day. However, I was worried more about how I was going to be able to control myself during dinner. Meaning.... I needed to control my portion intake! What many of you don't know, is that Thanksgiving Dinner is my most favorite meal of the year. I love it so much, that my Mother cooks it for me on my birthday as well. Yeah I said it.... I get two Thanksgiving Dinners a year. Anyway, I think I came out with a win for this battle as well. I made sure that I took the time before dinner to calculate the Weight Watcher's Points that I would be eating with the correct sized portions. And I made sure that I stuck to those portions, even though it was extremely hard..... BOOM!

All in all, Day #3 was a success! I stared the battles of the day in the face and I knocked them down. Now let's recap the details of the day:


Today's Meals (I am allowed 57 Weight Watcher's Points / Day)

Breakfast - 2 Boca Chicken Patties with 2 Slices of WW American Cheese on Wheat Bread and a side of Baked Tostitos Scoops = 15 Points
Lunch - Bumble Bee Tuna Fish on Wheat Bread with a side of Baked Tostitos Scoops = 18 Points
Dinner - 4 Slices of Oven Baked Turkey, 1/2 a cup of Stuffing, a cup of homemade mashed potatoes, a cup of carrots, with a 1/4 cup of gravy = 21 Points (I calculated this meal the best I could)
Snack - 1 Apple & 1 Pear

Total Points of Eaten for the Day = 54 Points (3 Points Short of my Daily Allowance)


Today's Workout / Exercise Routine

Exercise #1 - Push Ups (10 Reps x 3 Sets Leaning Downward with my Feet on the Swiss Ball), (10 Reps x 3 Sets of Normal Push-Ups), (10 Reps x 3 Sets Leaning Upward with my Hands on Dumbbells)
Exercise #2 - Step-Up Bicep Curls (10 Reps x 3 Sets Curling two 15lb Dumbbells While Stepping Up and Down on a Bosu Ball)
Exercise #3 - Alternating Bent Over Rows (10 Reps x 3 Sets with two 25lb Dumbbells)
Exercise #4 - Dumbbell Swings (10 Reps x 3 Sets with a 20lb Dumbbell - Each Arm)
Exercise #5 - Single Arm Chest Press (10 Reps x 3 Sets with a 40lb Dumbbell, Lying on a Swiss Ball - Each Arm)
Exercise #6 - Floor to Floor Crunches (10 Reps x 3 Sets with a 14lb Medicine Ball, Lying on a Swiss Ball - Front & Back)
Exercise #7 - Medicine Ball Circles (16 Reps x 3 Sets with a 14lb Medicine Ball, Bent Slightly at the Waist, and Squatting)
Exercise #8 - Triceps Push downs (10 Reps x 3 Sets at 80lbs on the Cable Machine)
Exercise #9 - Renegade Shoulder Press Squats (10 Reps x 2 Sets with a 20lb Dumbbell - Each Arm)

* The entire workout took roughly 1 hour & 15 minutes with a 30 second - 1 minute rest between sets


Today's Photo

Friday, September 14, 2012
(Front Shot)

No comments:

Post a Comment