My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Monday, September 17, 2012

Day #6 - A Busy Day With Much Support


The Day in Review

What's up everyone! It is Monday, Sept 17, 2012 and the day was filled with nothing but busy work. I wanted to start the morning off with my workout routine because it was going to be another busy day. And I thought that I prepared for the morning extremely well! I set my cloths out that I was going to wear, I made sure all of my business related things were packed up, and I even set the alarm for 7am to get up for the gym. But of course things didn't happen the way I wanted them to!

As a matter of fact, this is how the morning went. I woke up at 7am, reset my alarm for 8:30am, and rolled over & went back to sleep. When I woke up at 8:30am, I reset my alarm for 8:45am and went back to sleep. Once the 8:45am alarm went off, I jumped out of bed to get dressed and quickly realized that I left myself no time for breakfast. Way to go Chris! Anyway, I rushed out the door to get to my morning meeting without eating at all. By the time lunch rolled around I was so hungry that I ate my sandwich  in around 5 minutes and then went back to work. So as far as my eating schedule went today, I failed miserably. However, I did come in 10 points below my daily limit. So I guess that could be counted as a win but not in the way I wanted to get that win. I am going to have to concentrate more on sticking to my meal schedule when days get this busy.

Now as far as the gym goes for today. I mentioned above that I slept through my planned gym time this morning. So I had to make the adjustment to get to the gym after I was done with work. I also had my buddy Glenn with me, so I was excited about having my first workout partner in a while. Unfortunately, the gym that I go to wasn't thinking the same way I was. They wanted to charge him some crazy amount just to workout for an hour and I wasn't about to let him do that. But as we were walking towards the door, he told me to go workout because I have been working so hard. He actually ended up running outside while I executed today's workout routine in the gym. That meant I a lot to me because he knew how much it meant to me to stay on schedule. It is support like this that keeps me motivated and on the right path. I will never forget my buddy for doing that for me!


Today's Meals (I am allowed 57 Weight Watcher's Points / Day)

Lunch #1 - 2 Pieces of Grilled Chicken with 2 Slices of American Cheese on a French Roll and a side of Honey Mustard = 25 Points
Dinner - 2 Servings of Turkey Meatballs with Pasta (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = 21 Points
Snack - 1 Piece of Turkey = 2 Points

Total Points Eaten Today = 48


Today's Workout / Exercise Routine

Exercise #1 - Dumbbell Incline Press on Swiss Ball (12 Reps x 3 Sets with two 30lb Dumbbells)
Exercise #2 - Reverse Grip Lat Pull down (12 Reps x 3 Sets at 85lbs)
Exercise #3 - Dumbbell Squats on Bosu Ball (10 Reps x 3 Sets with a 30lb Dumbbell)
Exercise #4 - Swinging Bicep Curls (12 Reps x 3 Sets with two 15lb Dumbbells)
Exercise #5 - Triceps Cable Push downs (12 Reps x 3 Sets at 80lbs)
Exercise #6 - Cable Wood Chops (12 Reps x 2 Sets at 30lb - Each Side)
Exercise #7 - Cable Side Chops (20 Reps x 2 Sets at 30lbs - Each Side)
Exercise #8 - Dumbbell Side Raises on Bosu Ball (12 Reps x 3 Sets with two 10lb Dumbbells)


Today's Photo

Monday, September 17, 2012
(Front Shot)

2 comments:

  1. That totally sucks! Most gyms will be happy to give a guest a one day pass.
    Good for you on still getting your workout in. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete