My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Days - #242, #243, #244, & #245 - Getting Back to a Consistent Routine

First of all, I want to apologize for two things. First, I want to apologize for not publishing any new posts until today. I have not put a new post up since Thursday.  The second thing I want to apologize for, is being lazy the last few weeks and let me explain what I mean. Since the beginning of January, I have been slow with my daily posts. I don't know why I slipped into this little holding pattern but it is really bothering me now, to the point where I want to get back to my old ways of posting my daily updates every night. It has been so bad lately, that I am finding myself doubling up on posts and waiting for the next morning to talk about the day before. I want that to stop now. The only part of my daily posting routine, that has been consistent, is my update photos. I am really happy that I have continued to take those photos everyday.

This laziness has also spread to my workout routines as well. It is not that I am not working out, it is the fact that I have not been consistent with my routines at all. For the majority of this mission, I have found success alternating between weight lifting and cardio workouts every other day. But lately I have been finding excuses to not weight lift as much and to stick to doing a lot of cardio. I know that cardio is an important part of losing weight but so is weight lifting. I think a big reason for doing more cardio is because my long days in the office are taking a lot out of me mentally and I don't feel like going through the motions of weight lifting as much as just running on the treadmill. Well this is going to stop as well and I think working out at different times during the week, at night, is because of my work schedule. So I am going to start building the habit of working out in the morning. I think making this move will help with two things. First, it will get me on a consistent workout schedule, at the same time, everyday. And second, I think it will allow me to do many more things after work as well as relax with Patty. I will be able to get my posts up every night again at a decent time.

So as you can see, I have been doing a lot of evaluating lately and I think a change is a must. Getting back to a consistent routine with both my writing and my workouts will help me keep sane. The eating has been fine and right on target but as you all know, losing weight is so much more than just eating better. You have to be mentally in the game to succeed. Well, I have said my piece for the day and I am once again very sorry for being so lazy the last couple of weeks. These few changes are what I need in order to kick it up a level and stay strong for the next 6 months until my wedding day.

I am going to leave you with the update photos from the last few days:
Day #242 (Thurs, Jan 27) Weigh-In
Day #242 Front Shot
Day #243 (Fri, Jan 28) Weigh-In
Day #243 Front Shot
Day #244 (Sat, Jan 29) Weigh-In
Day #244 Front Shot
Day #245 (Sun, Jan 30) Weigh-In
Day #245 Front Shot
With that being said, let's get to the details of today:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 45 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - Eggs on Weight Watcher's (WW) whole wheat bread = Points 4
Snacks - 1 serving of 100 cal pretzel pack, 1 pear, and 1 WW ice cream cone = Points 7
Lunch - 1 serving of French Onion Soup, 1 7oz sirloin steak, 2oz of shrimp, and steamed vegetables and red potatoes (Applebees) = Points 22
Dinner - 2 grilled cheese sandwiches (WW Ingredients) and serving of baked chips = Points 11

Total Points Eaten Today = 44 Points (1 point under my daily limit)

Exercise

This morning I played basketball for 2 hours. Tomorrow I will be starting my new morning workout routine with weight lifting.

Day #245 - Weigh-In = 201.4 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Basketball for 2 hours!! Awesome

    Sounds like you have a good plan

    ReplyDelete