My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day #233 - A Minor Bump in the Road

Well, I seem to have hit a little bump in the road. This bump came last night (Tues, Jan 18, 2011) when I departed my warm apartment, to execute my daily workout routine. I have been extremely motivated the last few days because the scale is starting to go down again and that goal of 100 lbs lost is right here for the taking. So I wanted to make sure that I got my workout in last night. But as I pulled up to my gym, I noticed that the lights were off and there were a few people standing outside letting out some stress. I was interested in knowing what was going on, so I parked my car and made my way to the front door. Now it is 10:30pm at night and it is 30 degrees outside and all I wanted to do is workout and get home. But that wasn't going to happen last night and to be honest, it will never happen at this particular gym ever again.

As I approached the door, I noticed a white piece of paper hanging on it. And this paper said that my gym, the branch that I am a member at, has been shut down permanently due to bankruptcy. I was shocked to read those words and it took me a few seconds to process it. This gym, that has been instrumental for me over the last few months, is no longer open. Which means I currently have no place to workout at. This problem can be fixed very easily but this news kinda came out of nowhere. I was literally upset last night that I could not workout and that I was going to have to waste time now trying to find a new gym. And what makes this situation even worse, is that it was the only 24 hour gym in my area that I knew about.

Regardless of what happened last night, I have to make it a priority to find my next gym very soon. I don't want lose any momentum that I currently have right now with the mission. If it was spring time, I could just run outside. But it is winter, 30 degrees outside, and the side walks are very icy where I am. So running outside is not an option, plus I still have to execute my weight lifting routine. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Until tonight my friends, have a great day.

With that being said, let's get to the details of yesterday (Tues, Jan 18, 2011):

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 45 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - Egg whites with a slice of american cheese on a multigrain roll  = Points 8
Snacks - 3 apples, (1) 100 cal pretzel pack , and 2 servings of wheat thins = Points 11
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 8
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 8
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Beef Stroganoff (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 10

Total Points Eaten Today = 45 Points

Exercise

I did not get a chance to workout last night because my gym has been shut down. The weather was also bad last night and I couldn't run outside.

Day #233 - Weigh-In = 204.0 lbs
Day #233 Weigh-In











Day #233 Front Shot

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the gym closing - that sucks man! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find another one that you like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks!!!

    In the meantime, check out workout DVDs. I love Billy Blanks Tae Bo and Bob Harper (of Biggest Loser fame) has a new series with both weights and cardio. I don't belong to a gym, and I lost 90 pounds working out at home. Mixing it up might jump-start your efforts too! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete