My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day #181 - Christmas in November

As many of you know by now, I have a pretty demanding job that requires a lot of time and effort. I am not complaining, I am just saying that my job takes up a lot of my time. Anyway, all the hard work I have been doing the last several months is leading up to my big event, that I am developing in Charleston, SC. The event will take place on Fri, December 31st, New Year's Eve. And being that this is the inaugural year for this event, my boss wants to make sure that we are fully prepared to run a great event. So he decided that a bunch of us, from my office, will stay in Charleston for the entire month of December to make sure everything gets done. Now taking what I just told you in consideration, that means I will be missing Christmas Day with my family for the first time in my life. Of course they were all upset to hear the news but I do have a very supportive family who backs me up with whatever I do.

About a week ago, my mother calls me up and asked if I wanted to celebrate Christmas a little earlier this year, so I could at least be home for some sort of holiday get together. And I thought that was an awesome I idea. So we had set today, 2 days after Thanksgiving, as this year's official Christmas morning. Yes my friends, Patty and I celebrated Christmas this year, with my family, in November. It was actually very cool to have my Grandmother, Bob, Mom, Step Father, Brother, Patty and myself exchange gifts before I left for Charleston for the month. And let me tell you all, this year's Christmas was one of very motivational and weight loss friendly gifts. First off, I can't tell you how great it was to receive clothes that actually fit me and weren't hanging off my body. I have not gone clothes shopping since the start of my mission. I love being able to put an XL T-Shirt on and not have to worry about it being way to tight. Patty and I also received a Weight Watcher's cook book that goes through, step by step, on how to prepare great tasting meals in 20 minutes or less! And the big gift that Patty and I received from my Mom and Step Father, was a new set of cooking pots and pans!! I can't wait to taste the meals that Patty makes with our new cooking set.

I can't explain how much it means to me that we were able to celebrate some sort of holiday before I left for the month. Everything that I received tonight, will help me to continue to move forward with my mission. And I am still going to celebrate Christmas with my Father and Step Mother when I get home as well as Patty's family. I hope you all have a great rest of the night and I will talk to you tomorrow.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 35 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on a whole wheat bagel with a slice of american cheese = Points 9
Snacks During the Day - 2 pears, (3) 100 calorie snack packs, and 1 Weight Watcher's ice cream cup = Points 10
Lunch / Dinner - 4 Slices of ham, 1 serving of sweet potatoes and apples, 2 reduced fat crescent rolls, broccoli, and 1 serving of scallop potatoes = Estimated Points 21

Total Points Eaten Today = 40 Points (5 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I ran for 35 mins on the treadmill. Tomorrow I will attempt to wake up for morning basketball and I will then execute my weight lifting routine.

Day #181 - Weigh-In = 226.2 lbs
Day #181 Weigh-In











Day #181 Front Shot

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the eating and exercise, so cool that you celebrated an early Christmas and got such cool gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great that they had an early Christmas for you!!
    I hope Patty will be with for at least some of the time away from home??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, a new set of cooking pots and pans is something you can use in your arsenal for getting / staying healthy. Look forward to hearing what the first dish created is.

    ReplyDelete