My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, November 26, 2010

Day #180 - Same Food, Different Result

As all of you know, yesterday was Thanksgiving. And when you think of Thanksgiving, food is the first thing that comes to mind. Well, yesterday did bring some good tasting food to the table. However, yesterday's Thanksgiving Dinner was a little different than last Saturday's "Friends Thanksgiving Dinner." The food was basically the same but there was a different result after. Last week I managed to escape "Friend's Thanksgiving" without gaining any weight. But unfortunately after yesterday's "Thanksgiving Day Dinner", I managed to weigh-in this morning at 228.4 lbs. Which is a 2.6 lb difference than what I weighed in at yesterday morning.

Now I am not going to jump to any final conclusions why my weight had changed this time and did not after last week's dinner. There are a few factors that could be considered in play this time around. I had been doing a ton of cardio around the time of last week's dinner. The reason was because I was traveling and I had not seen a weight room since the Tuesday before. Which means I had gone almost a week of just doing straight cardio. And without building muscle and doing just cardio, it could of made it easier for my weight to stay the same. That brings me to the current Thanksgiving Dinner that took place yesterday. After not being able to lift weights for a while, you could only imagine how much I wanted to get back into the weight room. And the last 2 out of 3 days have been weight lifting days for me. Those weight lifting sessions, combined with the more than normal eating amount yesterday, could have led to the weight gain. I am not sure if these factors are enough to explain this morning's outcome but I just wanted to bring them up. Who knows maybe I just ate more yesterday than I did last Saturday and that is why I weighed in more this morning. In that case, I could use this as a reminder of how fast things can change, if I let my guard down just for a little bit.

Regardless, the damage has been done and it is time to move on. I ate healthy the entire day today and got my cardio workout in as well. I am still feeling great and I am not going to let this small change in weight affect my attitude or determination. There is much more work to be done before my wedding day arrives. And I am extremely motivated to push forward! Here I come 222 lbs.....one step at a time!!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 35 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's Points System)

Breakfast - 4 Eggo nutrigrain waffles = Points 4
Snacks During the Day - 2 granola bars = Points 4
Lunch - 1 foot long Chicken Teriyaki sub on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese and a serving of baked chips (Subway) = Points 18
Dinner - 2 grilled cheese sandwiches (All Weight Watcher's Ingredients) with a serving of baked chips = Points 7
Dessert - 1 Weight Watcher's ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 35 Points

Exercise

Today I ran for 35 minutes on the treadmill. Tomorrow I will be executing my 3rd weight lifting day in the last 5 days! I am back to my routine... finally!

Day #180 - Weigh-In = 228.4 lbs
Day #180 Weigh-In











Day #180 Front Shot

2 comments:

  1. It was probably just the extra sodium in foods you don't usually eat! You'll have that extra off in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will come off, it is only water. keep on trucking on... you know the drill. water off a ducks back. do not be discouraged.

    have a great day! Joni

    ReplyDelete