My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day #174 - Travel Series Part 12c - A Pre-Thanksgiving Celebration

Patty and I are finally home!! This morning's travels started at 6:00am in Orlando, FL. And I can honestly say, that this particular travel day, might have possibly been one of the worst travel days I have ever experienced. Waking up at 6 am was the easy part, it was returning the rental car, and getting to the gate that was frustrating. The rental parking lot was like a maze and after 15 minutes of searching for the car company, we finally found it tucked in a corner. We then had to carry all of our bags, for what seemed to be, about 2 miles to the ticketing counter. After we managed to get our tickets, we made our way to the security check point, which was out of control. There were no defined lines to stand in, there was only a large group of people standing in a gigantic cluster, trying to get into the security gate. After waiting about a half an hour, Patty and I finally made it to our departure gate. However, Patty's seat was no where near mine and we had to ask the gentleman, that was sitting next to her, if he would switch with me so we could sit next to each other. The man was kind enough to do so. After all was said and done, we finally arrived home at 1:00pm, which calculated to 7 hours of traveling. But the good news is that we got home safe and sound.

The reason we were so anxious to get home was because of a very special engagement we had today. Today was our Pre-Thanksgiving celebration with our group of friends. Patty and I have been celebrating Thanksgiving for the last 4 years with a group of friends that we have known since college. And since everyone spends Thanksgiving Day with their families, we decided 4 years ago, to celebrate the holiday, the week before with our group.  We call it, "Friend's Thanksgiving." So, I actually have 2 Thanksgiving dinners each year. And for those of you who don't know me, Thanksgiving Dinner is my favorite meal of the entire year. And being that I have not cheated in a while, I decided that today was a special enough day, that I would not keep track of my points. I did not go crazy today with eating, but let's just say that the food that is in my stomach right now, can probably last me until tomorrow evening because I am used to eating several smaller portions during the day.

Having "Friend's Thanksgiving" today was very relaxing and fun. It has been a while since I have seen all my friends because I travel way to much. And I know I am going to be dealing with the consequences tomorrow because of my food selection and intake for today. But I take full responsibility for whatever happens on the scale tomorrow morning. I have a feeling that I will be back in the 230s for a short period of time, come tomorrow. And I will bust my butt to get back into the 220s if it happens. Life is too short to be letting small things, like weight fluctuation, get me down. When all is said and done, I had a great time today with a group of people that I love very much.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 35 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's Points System)

Breakfast - 2 granola bars
Snacks During the Day - 2 eggo nutrigrain waffles, 1/2 a serving of popcorn chips, and some crackers with cheddar cheese
Dinner - Turkey with gravy, small serving of mashed potatoes, carrots, serving of sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and stuffing
Dessert - Hot chocolate with Baileys, 1 slice of apple pie, and 1 brownie

Exercise

Today I ran for 35 minutes on the treadmill. Tomorrow I will be attempting to play basketball in the morning and weight lifting in the afternoon.

Day #174 - Weigh-In = 229.6 lbs
Day #174 Weigh-In











Day #174 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment