My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day #136 - The Big "60"

Yesterday I mentioned that I have two recently set goals I have been trying to accomplish for about a week and a half now. And I set out, last night, to accomplish both by running outside. The first goal was to reach 242 lbs and the second was to run from my apartment to a certain point, in the next town over, and back to my apartment without stopping. Well, it turns out that the running goal was foiled yesterday when I stopped to talk to one of my friends for about 5 minutes. I did however make it from where I stopped to talk, to the location I wanted to reach and back to my apartment without stopping. Unfortunately, I did not manage to make it all the way through, due to an unforeseen circumstance, but I am certainly not trying to cut any corners. So as of now, that goal is still alive, waiting to be accomplished.

But the first goal I mentioned before, has been reached as of this morning. Yes my friends, I weighed in this morning at 242 lbs on the dot. Which brings me to this very proud announcement, I have officially lost 60 lbs since the start of my "Mission to Healthy." Now of course baring any weight fluctuation within the next day or two, I consider this a great accomplishment that I only hope to build upon in the near future. It is amazing how a person's life can change around, for the better, with hard work and determination. I also have all of you to thank as well, for supporting me through my mission this far.

So, with another small goal accomplished, it is only fitting to create another one to take its spot. With that being said, I am stating for the record that my next small goal is to break into the 230 lb range. It sounds even better when I say it out loud, "230 lbs." I can't even remember the last time I was in the 230's. I have also decided to post my "Small Goals" on this site, right underneath my "Quote of the Day." This way everyone can see, on an everyday basis, the goals I am trying to accomplish. And once a goal is completed, another one will go up in its place. Well here is to the next goal and many more to come after that.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 37 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on a mutligrain bagel with a slice of american cheese = Points 9
Snacks During the Day - 2 rice cakes and 1 pear = Points 3
Early Afternoon - 1 1/2 servings of homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 8
Late Afternoon - 1 Boca veggie burger with a slice of Weight Watchers american cheese on 1 Weight Watchers flat rye bread and a serving of baked chips = Points 6
Dinner - 1 serving of homemade Crusty Pork Tenderloin with Apple and Sweet potatoes (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 10
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream bar = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 Points (1 point over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed the weight lifting and strength training portion of my workout routine: Close Grip Lat Pull Down, Lateral Raises, and Leg Press (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Dumbbell Press, Seated Row, and Leg Extension (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Chest Flyes, Shoulder Dumbbell Press, and Triceps Pull Downs (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), and Stability Ball Crunches, Bicep Hammer Curls, and Cable Chops (4 sets of each x 15 reps each). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio.

Day #136 - Weigh-In = 242.0 lbs
Day #136 Weigh-In











Day #136 Front Shot






7 comments:

  1. Excellent day and congrats on reaching your goal! Now on to the new one. I'm sure the running goal will come soon. I love the quote of the day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. If you make your next goal, you may have to change the name of your blog! But, I suppose, that would be a good problem to have! Congrats.

    trekto99kilos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crapstix, a shrinking man..Tell ya what, maybe we should meet for a cocktail in late October at Stan's.... If....and I have an extra seat...If they make it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!!!! 60 You looked really good and happy when I saw you in NYC on Monday.

    xoxox MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo Hooo!!!! That goal took no time to accomplish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! 60 lbs down is an awesome achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on the Six-Oh! I hope to report the same on 10/24 when I hit the scale next.

    ReplyDelete