My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day #134 - NYC Again!

Today was a another very special night in New York City (NYC). My brother was asked to come back and perform his stand up routine at Caroline's on Broadway. He had performed there about a month ago and impressed the people in charge, so they asked him to come back tonight. I am very proud of him for sticking to a path that he believes will be a career for him in the near future. It is also very impressive that he can get up there in front of a ton of people and perform his best, on a night where some famous comedians and people who have been doing this for a long time stop by to do their sets as well. His stage presence is great and will only get better in time. If you have a second, check out his facebook page and say hi. I am just warning everyone that he does material more suited for adults and can get a little graphic sometimes. So, if anyone is not into that, just please visit his page and simply say hi. Because he is a really great and kind hearted person.

My Brother (Kevin) at Caroline's on Broadway
Anyway, I felt I was better prepared going into today then I was the last time my brother had a show in the city and let me explain why. Last month I did not space my meals out properly and I did not eat before I left for the show. I ended up not eating at his show at all because everyone wanted go out afterwards to celebrate his first official set in a big time venue. Needless to say, by the time we had sat down to eat, my stomach was hurting and I had a major headache because I had gone so long without eating. Plus we ended up eating a 11:30 pm and that is not good to eat that late as well.

However, I was set for today. First of all, I had a nice healthy breakfast that kept me going throughout the entire morning. I then had 2 more meals that I ate during the course of the day that satisfied my stomach. And when we finally arrived at the club, Patty and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich for each of us, that was just the right amount of food. Plus I managed to just eat the sandwich and left the fries sitting there on the plate. We also ate around 8:00pm so I was good to go for the rest of the night. I love when a plan is executed correctly. Not to mention we walked 21 blocks, at a fast pace, to get to the show on time and walked another 21 blocks to get back to the train station. So, cardio was covered today for sure and I was in a full out sweat by the time we arrived at the club. When all is said and done, today was a great day for eating healthy, walking a ton, and supporting one of my best friends in the entire world, my brother.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 37 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on a multigrain bagel with a slice of american cheese = Points 9
Snacks During the Day - 4 rice cakes and a serving of baked potato chips = Points 6
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna = Points 6
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna = Points 6
Dinner - Grilled Chicken Sandwich on white bread = Estimated Points 8

Total Points Eaten Today = 35 Points (2 points under my daily limit)

Exercise

I walked a ton today in NYC to and from Caroline's Comedy Club. Going to the club, I was walking at a fast pace because I didn't want to be late to see my brother perform. I was actually sweating quite a bit by the time I got there. I also walked all the way back to the train station after the show was over. It came out to about 42 blocks in all. Tomorrow I will be doing more cardio as well as executing the weight lifting and strength training portion of my workout routine.

Day #134 - Weigh-In = 243.0 lbs
Day #134 Weigh-In











Day #134 Front Shot




4 comments:

  1. Love you bud! Thanks for all of the support - you know what it means to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt he will be famous soon!!
    Yep you had a great plan this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brother is hilarious! I definitely want to try that two cheese lasagna. Sounds like you had a great day! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a plan and you stuck to it on a non-routine day. Kudos to you. That is not always easily executed. I bet you are going to have a great weigh in here shortly with all of that walking you did.

    ReplyDelete