My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day #132 - Travel Series Part 7c / Catching Up With an Old Friend

I am home and boy does it feel great. I have been traveling non stop for work the last few weeks and I am exhausted. This past trip to Melbourne, FL was a successful one but I couldn't wait to get home today. Once again I have gone past 24 hours without any sleep from yesterday morning to this afternoon. Patty and I had gotten back to our hotel room, from our event last night, at roughly 2:30am. The turn around time between arriving at our hotel and getting on a plane was too short. So we decided to just stay up, to not risk, missing the flight. It tried to sleep on the plane but failed doing so because I was cramped up in a small space.

By the time we landed in NJ, it was 12:00pm. This meant that we had officially gone another span of 24 hours without sleep, for the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks. I think that might be a personal record for me, something that I wish would not happen ever again... lol. Anyway, by the time Patty and I arrived home, it was already 1:30pm. There is nothing like wasting half a Saturday by flying home from a work related event. We barley made it up the 3 flights of stairs in my apartment building. Once the front door flung open, we put our stuff down, ate some lunch, sat down on the couch and woke up at 6pm not knowing exactly where I was. It seems that, both myself and Patty, only intended on sitting down for a few minutes but ended up passing out until 6pm.

Catching Up With an Old Friend

If you have been following this blog for a while now, you can tell that I do a lot for my job. And I have been trying to take some time lately to relax and keep my personal life in check. Tonight, was one of those nights where I took time to do something not pertaining to work. I have a very good friend, that I have known since kindergarten, and she invited myself and Patty out tonight to an event that helped raise money for breast cancer awareness. No matter how much I work, or no matter how crazy my life can get sometimes, I will always take time to help my friends and family to support a good cause. To make a long story short, We enjoyed spending time with her tonight. By the way, she ended up raising about $3,000 tonight and I was proud to be apart of her event.

I would also like to give a shout out to a new friend of mine, Tony B. Tony writes a blog called, "Half of 360." He was so kind today to present me with an award, "The Versatile Blogger Award." Tony, I am very honored to receive this award from you and I will complete the steps necessary, for this award, in tomorrow's post. Thank you once again!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the day (The Heavy Man - 37 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

*Today I incorporated my one "cheat meal" for this week. It was a long day of traveling and I decided to have 2 slices of pizza. The following info are my meals for today, without the WW points. I don't add up my daily points on a "cheat meal" day because they will end up being more then my daily points limit anyway.

Breakfast - 1 apple and a turkey wrap
Snacks During the Day - 1 fruit salad and 2 Weight Watchers ice cream bars
Lunch - 2 slices of pizza
Dinner - 1 serving of whole wheat pasta with parmesan cheese with a side of garlic bread (All Weight Watchers ingredients)


I honestly did not make it to the gym today, like I had planned to. I wanted to get my workout in, right after I got home from Florida and before I went to my friend's event. However, without getting much sleep the past two days, I ended up falling asleep on my couch without even intending to. I will definitely make it to the gym tomorrow, to execute the weight lifting and strength training portion of my workout routine.

Day #132 - Weigh-In = 243.2 lbs
Day #132 Weigh-In

Day #132 Front Shot


  1. And the scale was still good to you today! Awesome!
    Good for you guys on not only supporting a good friend but helping to raise money for a good cause.
    Sounds like you and Patty have had a heck of a good week, well besides the sleeping that is :)
    Have a great day!

  2. I love your blog and how faithful you are to posting. The pics of the scale for weigh in is a great idea. I am going to have to start doing that.