My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day #53 - Hungry with no Time for Food

I woke up early this morning not to work out, but to go into the office to finish making the adjustments for my meeting that was taking place at 10am today. Because of the early morning and the rush to get into the office, I really didn't have enough time to eat a proper breakfast. Instead, I grabbed a Weight Watchers blueberry muffin and 2 rice cakes for the road. At the time I was eating my make shift breakfast, my hunger was satisfied. However, what I went through today, I was definitely not prepared for.

Of course I have been traveling a lot for work lately and I have been wrapped up in a ton of meetings while on the road. But each of these meeting were about an hour long and they were at decent times where I could eat in between and not feel hungry at all. Today's meeting on the other hand, was a totally different animal. I had setup a planning meeting at my office with a few co-workers that lived down south and I was not expecting having to go through everything without a lunch break. Now, don't get me wrong, the meeting was very successful and we accomplished exactly what we needed to get done. However there was one snag, my boss had to leave work early today and we had to cover everything that I needed approval from him on before he left and that was about 90% of the agenda.

I ate my muffin and 2 rice cakes at roughly 9:15am this morning and the meeting started around 10:20am. We didn't get done with the meeting until about 2pm. I went almost 5 hours without eating any food. If you have been following the blog, I am trying to space my meals out evenly with my points and the time in between each meal. I was so hungry that I didn't think I was going to make it through the meeting. I kept on trying to think of reasons that I could use to escape to my office to get a little snack to hold me over. Once the meeting was over I ran into my office to heat up my lunch. Needless to say, I have to come up with a better strategy on how to survive during these long planning meetings because I will be having a lot more in the near future leading up to the date of my new event I am currently developing. I feel weird eating during a meeting, in front of people, especially when the meetings are important, like the one today.

If anyone has any suggestions, please comment or email me at - theheavymansdiary@gmail.com

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 41 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 1 Weight Watchers blueberry muffin and 2 rice cakes = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 1 Weight Watchers Brownie and 1 Weight Watchers carrot cake, 2 rice cakes = Points 5
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of London Broil, 1 serving of baked macaroni and cheese, and 1 serving of zucchini fries (All Weight Watchers Recipes left over from last night's dinner) = Points 11
Early Evening -  1 serving of baked macaroni and cheese and 1 serving of zucchini fries (Both Weight Watchers Recipes left over from last night's dinner) = Points 7
Dinner - 1 serving of Tuna Noodle Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers peanut butter ice cream bar = Points 3

Total Points Eaten Today = 36 Points (4 points under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I ran for 40 mins on the elliptical machine and I executed my core body routine: Side Dumbbell Crunches (2 sets of 20 reps with 20lbs), Medicine Ball Sit Ups (2 sets x 20 reps with a 6lb ball), and Leg Raises (2 sets of 12 reps). Tomorrow I will be doing my back & triceps routines.

Day #53 - Weigh-In = 270.6 lbs
Day #53 Weigh-In










Day #53 Front Shot











Day #53 Dinner
Tuna Noodle Casserole
(Weight Watchers Recipe)

2 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great! I've never done Weight Watchers but I've heard great things. Currently, I'm doing everything on my own and just counting calories eaten and burned using a website.

    Do you have that tuna noodle casserole recipe? It looks really good!!! I'd love to try it, I love tuna salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie,

    Thank you for checking out the blog!! Eating healthy and exercising is the way to go, I believe.

    Please visit the blog again. Also, tell everyone you know to check it out as well.

    Thank you!!

    -The Heavy Man

    ReplyDelete