My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day #52 - Never Assume Things Will Always go as Planned

Last night I went to bed thinking I had everything all set and planned out for today. I was going to wake up this morning around 7:30am, weigh myself, go to the gym to workout, come home to take a shower and eat before I made my way to work. Sounds like a pretty well thought out schedule. Well let me tell you what really happened. I did wake up at 7:30am, went to the bathroom, and weighed myself. To my excitement I weighed in at 271.6 lbs! Very happy with my accomplishment I went back into my room, sat on my bed and before I knew it I was waking up at 8:50am. Crap, I feel back asleep some how and woke up to the sound of my second alarm. Thank goodness I started setting my second alarm for a later time then 7:30am just in case I slept through my first alarm or something like this morning happened. By the time my fiancee and I were ready to leave for work, it was too late to cook, so we ended up buying our breakfast at the deli. Yes, it was a healthy breakfast.

Anyway, on my way to work I figured that it wasn't the end of the world that I missed the morning workout because I will workout right after work tonight. The work day went by fine and I had plenty of healthy food to eat due to the left overs from last night's dinner and the fruit and snacks we brought with us from home. Towards the end of the day, I started to get busy and here is where my back up plan of working out after work fell through the cracks. I had planned the entire day for a meeting that would take place tomorrow. On the way home I had called my boss to mention a few changes I thought would be good and it turned into an hour long conversation on my phone, in the car. To make a long story short, everything that I had planned for had changed and thus causing me to have to make changes at home. I ended up working for a good few hours tonight and was not able to workout. And, I still have a few things to finish and because I don't want to lose any sleep, I have to wake up early tomorrow morning so I can go into the office to finish the changes I still have to make. The lesson I have learned today was, "Never Assume Things Will Always go as Planned." I have been doing so well for the last two weeks and my new meal and workout structures are showing some positive results. And now, I hit a little snag today because I assumed I would be able to workout tonight because I over slept this morning. From now on, once I am out of bed in the morning, I will try my my best to not come anywhere near it until the night time.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 41 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 rice cakes, egg whites on 2 slices of whole wheat bread with a slice of american cheese from the deli = Points 7
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 1 large pear, 1 Weight Watchers brownie, and 1 Weight Watchers mini carrot cake = Points 5
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of whole wheat pasta with two turkey meatballs and a 1/2 cup of all natural tomato sauce = Points 9
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of whole wheat pasta with two turkey meatballs and a 1/2 cup of all natural tomato sauce = Points 9
Dinner - 1 serving of London Broil (Weight Watchers Recipe), 1 serving of Baked Macaroni and Cheese (Weight Watchers Recipe), and 1 serving of Zucchini Fries (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 11
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers peanut butter ice cream bar = Points 3

Total Points Eaten Today = 44 Points (4 over my daily limit)

Exercise

I did not workout today due to over sleeping this morning and having to work late. I will jump back on it tomorrow.

Day #52 -Weigh-In = 271.6 lbs
Day #52 Weigh-In











Day #52 Front Shot





No comments:

Post a Comment