My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day #49 - There is Nothing Better Than Family

Today was a very special day. Today I traveled to see my mother for the first time in almost two months. The last time I saw her was on that unforgettable day when her and I got into that argument about my weight issues. That was the same day I received my second wake up call, when she called me up after our argument in tears telling me that she did not want me to die. She has been following the blog everyday and of course we have spoken on the phone since then but I have been really busy with work and traveling. I couldn't wait to see her reaction to my progress in person

As I walked through the door of her house, she had the biggest smile on her face. The first thing she said to me, as she gave me a hug was, "You look great!!" It was awesome to hear her say that. She has gone through a lot, watching me slowly gain weight and spiral out of shape. I really wanted to show her that her love and constant caring has helped me turn my life around. And of course I owe a big part of that to all of you as well!!! Anyway, my mother cooked an amazing healthy meal tonight for dinner. She also took the time today to purchase fruit and vegetables from the farmers marketing in her town for my fiancee and I to take home with us. Like I just mentioned before, she follows the blog everyday and I personally think she takes notes and jumps at the opportunity to help me in any way she can. I can't tell you how great it feels to be surrounded with great people in my life. I have an amazing family and of course and amazing support group around me.

Before we left for my mother's house this morning, I wanted to make sure that I stayed on track according to the new meal and workout structures I developed last Sunday. They seemed to have worked this past week because I managed to lose over 2 1/2 lbs. By losing over 2 lbs, I brought my totally weight loss to 30 lbs since the start of my mission!!! See, I told you hard work and being patient pays off. Let's keep it going!!! Anyway, determined to stick to the new structures, I went to the gym as soon as I woke up. Then I came home, ate breakfast, and went straight to the food store to stock up on what was needed for the meals of this week. It was my fiance's turn to pick the meals and I am excited with what she has picked. When all is said and done, today was a great day. I saw my mother for the first time since I started my mission, I had a great workout this morning, and I am prepared to hit the ground running this week with my meals and my workout routine all set. I am pumped, bring on Monday!!!!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 40 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 1 serving of home made breakfast pizza that consisted of: egg whites, fat free cedar cheese, lean ham, and whole wheat pizza dough (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 5
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 1 large apple, 1 cup of sliced watermelon, 2 Weight Watchers mini carrot cakes, 1 Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookie, 1 Weight Watchers chocolate brownie, and 1 Weight Watchers Ice Cream Cone = Points 11
Early Afternoon - 2 slices of white american cheese on a medium whole wheat tortilla = Points 4
Dinner - 2 pieces of grilled chicken, 1 serving of broccoli, and 1 serving of mini white potatoes = Points 7
Dessert - 3 whole wheat Ego Nutrigrain waffles, with a cup of vanilla Light'n Fit yogurt, and a serving of fresh strawberries (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 6

Total Points Eaten Today = 33 Points (7 points under my daily limit) I can't believe I ate only 33 points today, it feels like I ate a ton of food!

Exercise

Today's workout routine consisted of: Leg Press (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), Leg Extensions (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Leg Curls (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Military Press (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps), Dumbbell Lateral Raise (3 sets x 8, 10, 12 reps), Front Plate Raises (3 sets x 10, 12, 15 reps), Calve Raises (3 sets of 10lbs to failure), and Reverse Flyes (3 sets x 15 reps). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and my core body workout.

Day #49 - Weigh-In = 272.8 lbs
Day #49 Weigh-In











Day #49 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment