My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day #17 - Death of my Home Scale

I would like to take a brief second to welcome everyone who is new to the blog. I have been recording every single day of my weight loss program for the last 17 days. My mission is to show everyone who struggles with the same weight issues, as me, that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I am personally hoping to be in the best shape of my life by the day of my wedding. Please take a few minutes to read my blog from the introduction post to the present day. It will make it a lot easier to understand what I am talking about today and the many days to come.

For everyone who has been following the blog for awhile, I wanted to conduct one final test today before I put my home scale in the garbage and moved on with my mission. I wanted to make sure that I came up with a solution to this problem before moving on to bigger and better things. I apologize for putting so much attention on this issue but I believe being honest and as accurate as possible when it come to weight loss, shows everyone a  realistic aspect that it can be done.

My home scale is currently displaying that I have lost about 35 lbs in only 17 Days. That, I know is really hard to accomplish as well as being unhealthy. About 3 days ago, I started to also track my weight on a fully serviced scale at a gym by my office. I first used this gym scale on Day #1 to conduct a test to see how accurate my scale at home was. The gym scale displayed that I was weighing in at 304 lbs with clothes (T-Shirt, underwear, basketball shorts, and socks) on. I weighed myself today on the same gym scale and it showed that I weighed about 288 lbs with my clothes (T-shirt, underwear, shorts, and socks) on. The gym scale shows that I have lost 16 lbs since Day #1. I totally believe that is a more realistic and healthier reading. I am convinced now that I need to purchase a new scale for home. What do you all think? I will let everyone know how my search for a new scale is progressing.

Here are two pictures, I took today, that show just how off my home scale is from the gym scale. This will be my Day #17 Weigh-In section.

Home Scale = 267.4









Gym Scale = 288.2









I am still open to any suggestions that anyone has pertaining to a new scale.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 41 Points)
(For everyone who is new to the blog, I follow the Weight Watchers Point System)

Breakfast - 3 scrambled egg whites on a multi grain roll with a slice of american cheese and a cup of mixed fruit = Points 9
Lunch - Chicken teriyaki on a foot long whole wheat roll with 2 slices of american cheese, a bag of baked chips, and an apple = Points 18
Dinner - Left over Chicken Cordon Blue from last night with a cup of chicken and broccoli flavored rice and a cup of green beans = Points 12
Dessert  - Peanut butter ice cream bar (Weight Watchers Brand) = Points 3

Total Points Eaten Today = 42 Points (I went 1 point over today)

Exercise

I am going to be completely honest, I did not workout or get any exercise today at all. I worked until 8:30pm. When I got home, I sat down at my living room table and did some more work, ate dinner, and wrote my blog for the day. There is no excuse why I didn't workout, I will make up for it tomorrow.

Day #17 Front Shot
Thank you all once again for following the blog. Please make sure to get all your friends and family members to follow as well. I am trying to inspire myself as well as others who struggle with the same issues I do.








3 comments:

  1. im so proud of you for doing this. I think its really brave to put yourself out there. I agree you need a new scale at home. also try weighing in first thing in the morning right after you pee. That worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie,

    Thank you for your support!!! Please tell everyone you know to visit the blog as well as becoming a fan on The Heavy Man FB Page!!

    -The Heavy Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't beat yourself up over not exercising one day...just get back to it tomorrow. You're doing an excellent job...even by the scale at the gym!!! Brenda

    ReplyDelete