My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day #15 - The Scale Saga Continues / Stepping Outside the Meal Box

Thank you for all of your support and ideas while I try to figure out my scale situation.

To me, losing weight is more of a "getting healthy" issue then it is a "looking better" issue now a days. In the past I would be self conscious of how I looked and constantly wondering what people were thinking. I will admit that those were the two of the main reasons why I wanted to lose weight. I wanted to look like one of those guys on the cover of Men's Health Magazine. I now have a different out look on life and I am more concerned on improving my health so I can be there for my family and friends then I am of how I look. That is why I am not totally freaking out about my scale at home recording me at a different weight. I would still like to get the situation solved because I still want to share my progress with all of you and as accurately as possible.

I went into the gym today and weighed myself on the serviced scale with my clothes (T-Shirt, underwear, basketball shorts, and socks) on. My weight was a little over 289lbs and that is still an accomplishment in 15 days!! So, if I go by my first weigh-in (304 with clothes on) on that scale back on Day #1, I lost 15lbs. That is not to bad at all!! Now, when I got home tonight, I weighed myself on my home scale with no clothes and I was at 275lbs. So, if I go by my weight loss recordings since Day #1 on my home scale, I lost 27 lbs. There is a difference of about 12lbs. I personally think that is to much of a difference to just let it slide. Do I keep on weighing my self on both scales? Or, do I conduct more research and purchase a more reliable scale for home? I am open to anymore suggestions.

Stepping Outside the Meal Box

I received an email from my mother today expressing to me that I should try to switch up my meals. The same old turkey sub was starting to sound boring and I couldn't agree with her more. I have always had a problem with cooking health food recipes because I was under the impression that if it tastes good, it isn't healthy. I used to believe that so many people have weight issues because it is no fun eating things that are healthy for you. Eating vegetables, salads, etc...... is not my idea of fun at all. This is why you all see me eating a lot of turkey sandwiches during lunch because it is easy and it works well when you are trying to lose weight. I am afraid to step outside my meal box because I don't want to go back to where I started. I do admit that it was fun making the Mac-n-Cheese recipe the other day for dinner and it was healthy too!!! So, I make a promise that I will expand my meal selection. It is important to show everyone that you can lose weight while still being able to eat great tasting food!!!

I want as many people as possible to send me ideas for great tasting healthy meals that I can try.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the day (The Heavy Man = 42 Points)
(For all new people who are just starting to follow the blog, I follow the Weight Watchers Points system)

Breakfast - 3 rice cakes, 3 egg whites on whole wheat toast with a cup of fresh mixed fruit = Total Points 10
Lunch - Piece of grilled chicken on a mutli-grain roll with 2 slices of american cheese and lettuce with a bag of baked potato chips = Total Points 13
Dinner - Chicken salad with fat free french dressing = Total Points 15

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 (I was 4 points under my total

Exercise

Myself and several other co-workers moved our entire office to another location. I was lifting heavy boxes, desks, furniture, etc.... up and down stairs today. I don't think I ever sweat so much in my life before. I should be able to get back to my normal exercise routine tomorrow. I will post the results tomorrow.

Day #15 Weigh-in = 289 lbs (Gym Scale)









Day #15 Weigh-In = 275 lbs (Home Scale)










Day #15 Front Shot


No comments:

Post a Comment