My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, September 14, 2012

Day #2 - Oooohhhh Exercise... My Old Friend


The Day in Review

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that was not able to exercise due to a lot of driving, 7 hours to be exact. And I will admit that I was upset with myself for not making time. This only ended up fueling the fire a little more and made me determined to get into the gym today, no matter what.

Now please understand that I have not stepped a foot inside of a gym or anything that resembles a gym for a while now. A little over two months to be exact. So I wasn't quit sure how my body was going to react to the stress of lifting weights combined with cardio. I will be completely honest and share with you all, that some parts of my workout today felt like I picked up right where I left off. While other parts of my workout were not so pretty. To be exact, every exercise having to involve my legs was a little tough to get through. At one point I thought I was never going to be able to stand up straight for the rest of the workout. I think I have to pay more attention to stretching before I start the workout and realize that my body isn't what it used to be....lol!

The gym was not extremely crowded today, which I liked very much. When there are not a lot of people there, it allows me to get through my workout quicker and more efficient. And even though it was not crowded, I noticed that I was getting stared a lot. I think it was because of this new workout routine I am trying out that a buddy of mine set me up with. There are a lot of exercises within this routine that I have never seen before. And by the looks I was getting, I imagine there were others that thought the same. Anyway, my buddy's name is John Bankhead and he actually trains NFL Players during the off season. And this new workout routine targets the core and involves both weights and cardio at the same time. I have tried a routine similar to this in the past but nothing to this extreme. Many of the exercises he has me executing, are the same exercises he gives to his clients, watered down of course. Because I for one, do not want to pass out during the first week of getting back into the gym!

All in all it was a good Day #2 and I am still motivated to keep going. I can't wait for Day #3 to start! So with all of this being said, let's get to the details of today:


Today's Meals (I am allowed 57 Weight Watcher's Points / Day)

Breakfast - Egg whites with a slice of Weight Watcher's American Cheese on two slices of Whole Wheat Bread = 4 Points
Lunch #1 - One Tuna Fish Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread with a side of Baked Tostitos Scoops = 18 Points
Lunch #2 - Two Boca Chicken Patties on Whole Wheat Bread with Two Slices of Weight Watcher's American Cheese and a side of Baked Tostitos Scoops = 15 Points
Snack - 1/2 serving of left over Chicken Parm (Weight Watcher's Recipe) with a side of Whole Wheat Pasta = 10 Points
Dinner - 1 serving of Crusty Pork Tenderloin with a side of Sweet Potatoes and Baked Apples (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = 10 Points

Total Points Today = 57 Points


Today's Workout / Exercise Routine

Exercise #1 - Dumbbell Incline Press leaning on the Swiss Ball (12 Reps x 3 Sets with two 25lb Dumbbells)
Exercise #2 - Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown (12 Reps x 3 Sets at 85 lbs)
Exercise #3 - Dumbbell Squats standing on the Bosu Ball (10 Reps x 3 Sets with a 25 lb Dumbbell)
Exercise #4 - Swinging Bicep Curls with Dumbbells (10 Reps x 3 Sets with two 15lb Dumbbells)
Exercise #5 - Medicine Ball Lunge Press (10 Reps x 3 Sets with a 10lb Medicine Ball)
Exercise #6 - Cable Wood Chops (12 Reps x 2 Sets at 30lbs - Each Side)
Exercise #7 - Cable Side Chops (20 Reps x 3 Sets at 30lbs - Each Side)
Exercise #8  - Dumbbell Side Raises standing on the Bosu Ball (12 Reps x 3 Sets with two 10lb Dumbbells)

* The workout took roughly an hour to complete with 30 seconds - 1 minute rest between sets


Today's Photo

Thursday, September 13, 2012
(Front Shot)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on getting right back into the gym!! There will be no stopping you this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey welcome back! good for you exercising today. it's the best feeling in the world. keep up the good work!

    joni

    ReplyDelete