My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day #264 - Getting Back To The Streets

Today was absolutely beautiful outside and was a very pleasant change of pace from the extremely cold winter New Jersey has had so far this year. And when it is 60 degrees outside the entire day, it only makes the work day go by even slower. Thank goodness I had a ton of work to do today, to keep the clock moving forward at a decent pace. But I have said it before and I will say it again..... Thank God it is Friday.

As I left work tonight, I was trying to figure out what I was going to do in terms of working out. And after a few minutes of pondering my options, it popped into my head, I will run outside tonight! For those of you who have gotten to know me over the past few months, you know that I enjoy running outside. And for those of you who are getting to know me now, it hasn't always been that way. I used to despise running because it meant I had to move at a faster pace then I was accustom to. Hence the 302 lb problem I had developed a while back. Anyway, I decided it was time to take my cardio routine back to the streets tonight.

It has been almost a month and a half since I was able to run outside. This long period of time was due to bad weather that has been brought on by this very long winter. I was able to run a lot down in Charleston during the month of December but it was nothing like being able to run at home. So with my excitement starting to get out of control, I made my way outside. I did not waste any time heading towards my old running route, that got me through the starting stages of running.

During my run, I was noticing how much easier it was for me. I remember when I first started a few months ago and I couldn't wait to get from point "A" to point "B" and then back home. It almost felt like I was running because I had to, not because I wanted to. Well things have certainly changed since then. I enjoyed my 45 minutes of cardio tonight. It gave me a feeling of being myself again in my own environment. One thing is for certain, I hope Spring comes fast because I definitely want to be running outside instead of in the gym. Anyway, it is getting late and I have a full day of things that have to get done tomorrow. Until tomorrow, have a great night my friends.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 45 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - Egg whites on a multigrain roll with a slice of american cheese = Points 8
Snacks - 1 apple = Points 0
Early Afternoon - (1) 6" Chicken Teryikai sub on wheat bread with a slice of american cheese and a serving of sun chips (Subway) = Points 15
Late Afternoon - (1) 6" Double Turkey sub on wheat bread with a slice of american cheese and apple slices = Points 10
Dinner - 1 serving of steak with brown rice and steamed vegetables = Points 11
Dessert - 1 serving of WW ice cream = Points 4

Total Points Eaten = 48 Points (4 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I ran outside for 45 minutes. Tomorrow I will be executing my weight lifting routine and I also have baseball practice.

Day #264 - Weigh-In = 198.8 lbs
Day #264 Weigh-In











Day #264 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment