My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day #254, #255, & #256 - Riding the Weight Roller Coaster, Once Again

This past week has been both busy and very long. I find myself looking at the clock more than usual because I can't wait to get out of work and into the gym. Also, it doesn't help when it is my birthday this Saturday and it just so happens to land on a weekend this year. Usually my friends and I hang out on my birthday and then I meet up with my mom and grandma the day after for a birthday meal. I am going to try my best to control my junk food cravings this weekend, especially after my Super Bowl break down last Sunday.

This week has been a roller coaster when it comes to my weight. I started off under 200 lbs last weekend before the Super Bowl. Then I was over 200 lbs after the Super Bowl. And now I am under 200 lbs once again at the end of this week. It is very interesting actually how much the human body can fluctuate during the course of a normal week. I am just happy that I stuck to my healthy eating routine this entire week while working out just about everyday.

Today is a very busy day at work. But I will make sure to take time, later tonight and this weekend, to let you all know how I did with food, during my weekend long birthday celebration. But until then, I am going to leave you with my update photos from the last few days. Have a great Friday my friends!!
Day #254 (Tues, Feb 8, 2011) Weigh-In
Day #254 Front Shot
Day #255 (Wed, Feb 9, 2011) Weigh-In
Day #255 Front Shot
Day #256 (Thurs, Feb 10) Weigh-In
Day #256 Front Shot
With that being said, let's get to the details of yesterday (Thurs, Feb 10, 2011):

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 45 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - Egg whites on a multigrain roll with a slice of american cheese and a fruit cup = Points 8
Snacks - 1 apple, 2 pears, a serving of pretzels, and 1 serving of wheat thins = Points 7
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 7
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of homemade Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna (Weight Watcher's Recipe) = Points 7
Dinner - 2 grilled cheese sandwiches with a serving of baked chips = Points 11
Dessert - 1 WW ice cream cone = Points 4

Total Points Eaten = 44 Points (1 point under my daily limit)

Exercise

Yesterday I executed my weight lifting routine with Paul: Bench Press (3 sets), Decline Dumbbell Pres (3 sets), Chest Flyes (3 sets), Shoulder Press (3 sets), Triceps Extensions (3 sets), Triceps Push Downs (3 sets), Neck Bends (6 sets). Today I will be doing cardio.

Day #256 - Weigh-In = 197.4 lbs

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a teeter-totter act there with the 200# mark. It wont be long I am certain; your willingness for success has proven that if you want that number to be less and stay there then it certainly will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss reading your blog everyday......what's up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous,

    I am sorry about the delay between posts. Work has been crazy and it took me a little longer then I thought it would to recover from my birthday this past weekend. I will be back to blogging every day again tomorrow. I promise!! Thank you for your support!


    - The Heavy Man

    ReplyDelete