My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day #192 - Rough Day, Great Night

Today was a very long and stress filled day. Things didn't go quite how I wanted them to go at work and it really put me into a bad mood. I wasn't mean to anybody, I was just feeling a little off. But that is life and sometimes you have to go through these days to get to the good ones. My buddy said it best today, "everything happens for a reason." And he was right for saying that. Luckily my boss was understanding about how things went today and he was really cool about helping me get things corrected. I felt better after he did that and the rest of my night went pretty well.

But before I jumped into the rest of the night, I made sure that I got into the weight room to let out some steam and frustration. Before I get into my workout session, I want to take this opportunity to introduce you all to my buddy, the former personal trainer. His name is Vinny and I have been working with him for the last 6 months. He is a great guy and a very hard worker. I turn to him to him for advice at work as well as working out. Anyway, Vinny had a great weight lifting routine setup for tonight because he knew how rough my day went. He called the workout, "Drop Downs." And what this consisted of was 5 main exercises that worked out each major muscle (Chest, Legs, Shoulders, Back, and Abdominal). We executed one exercise for each muscle at 4 sets x 30 reps. The first 10 reps of each set was the heaviest weight, the second 10 reps of each set was a little lighter, and then last 10 reps was the lightest. So in reality we ended up doing 4 sets of 30 reps for each exercise. The workout was so intense that I don't think I will have a problem getting to sleep at all tonight.

The day may of started off bad but it ended great. I am very thankful to have some great people surrounding me down here to help me get through the times that I need help with. I am also glad that I made it to the weight room tonight because it really helped me to calm down. Until tomorrow my friends, have a great night!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 49 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - 2 cups of cheerios with a cup of 2% milk = Points 9
Snacks During the Day - 100 calorie snack pack and 2 meatballs = Points 12
Early Afternoon - Turkey sandwich with a slice of fat free american cheese on whole wheat bread and a serving of baked tostitos and salsa = Points 10
Late Afternoon - Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread and a serving of baked tostitos and salsa = Points 9
Dinner - Grilled cheddar cheese sandwich with a serving of baked tostitos and salsa = Points 13

Total Points Eaten Today = 53 Points (4 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed my weight lifting routine: Chest - Bench Press (4 sets x 30 reps), Legs - Leg Press (4 sets x 30 reps), Shoulders - Lateral Raises (4 sets x 30 reps), Back - Lat Pull Down (4 sets x 30 reps), and Abs (3 sets x 30 seconds each). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio.

Day #192 - Weigh-In = 219.4 lbs
Day #192 Weigh-In












Day #192 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment