My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day #170 - Time For A New Workout Routine

It is Day #170 of my "Mission to Healthy" and I am feeling more energized every day. I weighed in this morning at 230.0 lbs, which means I am doing something right because I am almost into the 220 lbs range. However, I have been executing the same weight lifting routine for the last few weeks now and I think it is time to make a change. I am hoping to shock my body, once again, by switching to new exercises. I am so close to breaking through the 230 lb wall, that I think switching it up will be right move to do so. But I think the scale might jump up a little at first because I am introducing a new set of weight lifting exercises to my body. However, I think it will take no time, after the small jump in weight, to move forward into the 220s.

Of course every time I attempt to switch up my routine, I have to consult with my buddy, the personal trainer. And believe me, he was happy to help me do so. He first reviewed what I have been doing the last few weeks and he said it looked like the routine was effective. But he agreed with me, that it was time for a change, to help me get to the next level. And right after he said that, he looked at me with a smile and said let's challenge you a little more. All I could think about was how easy it will be for me to fall asleep tonight and how sore I was going to be, waking up tomorrow morning.

The new weight lifting routine involves more of the stability ball and a lot more alternating exercises. At first I thought it was going to be easy to transition into the new routine but after the first set of exercises, I was feeling it. I also noticed that it took me a lot longer than usual to finish just the first set. It turns out, that it took me about a half an hour longer to finish the entire routine. I was sweating so much at the end, that I think I will be more prepared on the next lifting day by bringing 2 bottles of water instead of just 1. I am glad that I decided to switch up the routine today and believe me I can already feel the difference in my body. Until tomorrow my friends, have a great night!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 36 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's Points System)

Breakfast - 4 Eggo nutrigrain waffles = Points 4
Snacks During the Day - 1 serving of peanut butter crackers and a 1/2 serving of cheese crackers = Points 4
Early Afternoon - 1 Boca chicken patty with a slice of Weight Watcher's american cheese on a Weight Watcher's whole wheat roll and a serving of baked chips = Points 8
Late Afternoon - 2 Boca veggie burgers with 2 slices of Weight Watcher's american cheese on a Weight Watcher's whole wheat roll and a serving of baked chips = Points 10
Dinner - 1 serving of London Broil and a serving of whole wheat pasta with parmesan cheese = Points 9
Dessert - 1 Weight Watcher's ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 37 Points (1 point over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed my new weight lifting routine: Alternating Cable Press, Pull Overs with Band, and Dumbbell Side Lunges (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Stability Ball Push Ups, Half Ball Cable Upright Rows, and Alternating Hammer Curls (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Bent Over Cable Rows, Side Raises into Flyes, and Alternating Leg Extensions (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), and Knee Ups, Dumbbell Skull Crushers on Stability Ball, and Low to High Cable Chops (4 sets of each x 15 reps each). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio.

Day #170 - Weigh-In = 230.0 lbs
Day #170 Weigh-In











Day #170 Front Shot








1 comment: