My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day #47 - The New Structures Are Working

About two weeks ago, I thought I had come to a screeching halt as far as losing weight. I had been stuck around 280 lbs for a couple days and I thought I had hit a plateau. Well after conducting some research, I found out that during the first three weeks of a diet, a person usually loses the most weight. After the first three weeks are complete, the normal healthy rate of losing weight is around 1-2 lbs a week. My opinion quickly changed after finding out that information and decided from that point on that I was going to be patient. If I worked hard and kept on doing what I was supposed to do, I would eventually start seeing the results I was waiting for. Since that point, about two weeks ago, I have been losing that healthy 1-2 lbs a week.

Anyway, back to the present time. This past Sunday, I finally had some time to relax without having to deal with the stresses of work. With the little free time that I had, I decided it was time to really sit down and develop the meal and workout structures I have been wanting to develop for a while now. My fiancee and I planned out the meals for the week, went food shopping, and figured out the workout routine for the week as well. We also decided that we were going to spread out our points during the day to properly feed our bodies and to help boost our metabolism. You can view the structures we developed by reading the Day #42 post, "Preparation Makes Perfect."

It is now the end of the work week and I have to admit, I am noticing that both the new meal and workout structures seem to be working. On Tuesday I weighed in at 275 lbs. It is now Friday and I weighed in this morning at 272.6 lbs. That is a loss of about 2 1/2 lbs in only three days. Now before I totally credited the weight loss to the newly developed structures, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't having another scale malfunction. So, I went back to the trusty serviced scale at the gym and weighed myself this morning before I went into work. And what I found out made me very happy, I weighed in at 272 lbs with just my underwear on. I would have to say that my scale at home is still accurate and my both my new meal and workout structures seem to be working. It also means that I have reached another milestone for the mission. I have officially lost 30 lbs!!!! Let's hope these new routines keep on working.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 40 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on 2 slices of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread with a slice of fat free american cheese = Points 3
Snack During the Course of the Day  - 4 rice cakes, 2 Weight Watchers mini vanilla cream cakes, and 2 Weight Watchers mini chocolate creme cakes = Points 12
Early Afternoon - 1 serving of  Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna left over from last night's dinner (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 6omo
Late Afternoon - 1 serving of Two Cheese Vegetable Lasagna left over from last night's dinner (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 6
Dinner - Home made pork chops with sweet potatoes, apples, and a serving of yolk free egg noodles (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 14

Total Points Eaten Today = 41 Points (1 point over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I ran on the elliptical at the gym for 40 mins and I did a side crunch routine on the cable machine. Tomorrow, I will be doing my leg and shoulder workout routines.

Day #47 - Weigh-In = 272.6 lbs
Day #47 Weigh-In











Day #47 Front Shot











Day #47 Dinner
Pork Chops w/ Sweet Potatoes & Apples
(Weight Watchers Recipe)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. I am glad you did your research. I luckily did mine before I lost. I lost the first 21lbs easy and now I am at my plateau. But at least we both have learned a lot and made it through the toughest part pertaining to cravings.

    ReplyDelete