My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day #44 - A Little Friendly Competition Doesn't Hurt

This morning, I was greeted by my fiancee in the living room while I was getting ready to leave for work. I was packing up my computer when I noticed out of the corner of my eye that she was doing a little dance. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why she was dancing and smiling. I looked up from my computer, stared her right in the eyes, and asked her, "Why are you so happy this morning?" She stopped dancing, kept on smiling, and said to me in a very cheerful voice, "I won again!!" Right as she was done saying those few words, I knew exactly what she was referring too.

I have mentioned quite a bit since I started my mission 44 days ago that I wanted to get into a morning workout routine because it helps speed up the fat loss process. And ever since Day #1, I have been having trouble waking up in the morning because either I have trouble hearing my alarms or I am too tired and I can't wake up. However, the most important part, is that I still manage to work out at night. Anyway, a little over a week ago, my fiancee proposed to me a friendly competition. She wanted to give me a little extra motivation to help me wake up in the morning. Now listen, I have enough motivation as it is wanting to get healthy, lose fat, and help others. But when I hear the word competition, I am not the person to back down at all.

The stipulations to this competition are as follows:
- If I don't wake up in the morning to workout I have to give her a back message the next night.
- If I manage to wake up in the morning to workout 5 days in a row, she owes me a back message.

I don't think that is a bad deal at all. Well, except for when I slept through both my alarms yesterday and this morning and now I owe her 2 back massages. I really have to figure out how to become a morning person because I hate giving back messages, especially when she is smiling and gloating the whole time. Let's hope she forgets.

When it all comes down to it, I really appreciate the effort my fiancee is putting forward to help me get to where I want to be, not only health wise but goal wise as well. I tell you what, she better not get used to winning because when I master this whole morning workout routine thing, I am going to be getting a lot of back messages in the near future.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 40 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on 2 slices of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread with a slice of fat free american cheese = Points 3
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 4 rice cakes, 2 Weight Watchers soft chocolate chip cookies, and 2 Weight Watchers mini carrot cakes = Points 8
Lunch - Chicken Teriyaki on a whole wheat sub roll with 2 slices of american cheese, a bag of baked potato chips, and a side of apple slices = Points 19
Dinner - Beef & Vegetable Cheese Casserole (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 7
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points (1 point under my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I failed again to wake up in the morning to workout. I was doing so well for a couple of days and I will get back to where I want to be. Anyway, tonight I conducted my Chest & Bicep exercises: Dumbbell Chest Press (4 sets x 8, 10, 12, and 15 reps), Incline Smith Press (3 sets x 21, 15, and 15 reps), Straight Bar Curls (4 sets x 8, 10, 12, and 15 reps), Incline Cable Chest Fly (3 sets x 15 reps), Incline Alternating Dumbbell Curls (4 sets x 12, 10, 8, and 6 reps), Low Pulley Hammer Curls (3 sets to failure). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and my core body workout.

Day #44 - Weigh-In = 275 lbs
Day #44 Weigh-In











Day #44 Front Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment