My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day #43 - Adding the Tools to Succeed

This morning I woke up with a sense of accomplishment. I was happy that I had the time yesterday to finally sit down and develop an actual meal structure as well as a genuine workout routine. I mentioned yesterday, in my post, that I really had no time in the last few weeks to go food shopping or conduct a consistent workout routine. Now, that doesn't mean that I was eating healthy or working out, because I was doing both very well. It just means that I had no time to plan out my meals for the week and go food shopping accordingly or to lift weights every other day on a consistent basis. Well, now I have a little while before I start traveling again for work. Realizing this, I developed a shopping list with my fiancee and went shopping for the next week. I also wrote out my entire workout routine for the week.

While getting ready for work today, I packed my meals in a large cooler with three ice blocks to keep the food cold and fresh. But there was only one problem, well, actually there were two problems. The first problem I had was, how was I going to heat the food up? The second problem I had was, how was I going to keep the food cold for a long period of time while I was at work? With these two issues in mind, I decided to think out side the box for a solution.

A few months ago, my fiancee and I had purchased a microwave from an estate sale because our old one had finally kicked the bucket. Since then we have gotten a new microwave but still had the one from the estate sale in storage. So, I loaded the microwave that was in storage into the car and took it to my office. One of my problems was solved. However, the second issue was still lingering in my head. So, I decided that I would take a trip with my fiancee to Best Buy to purchase a new mini refrigerator for the office as well. I believe that adding these tools to my office was a great investment and let explain why.

My fiancee and I would purchase breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday. Breakfast we would usually buy from the deli, right next to work, for roughly $7 - $10 everyday. Next, we would usually go out to lunch to purchase a healthy meal for roughly $10 - $15 everyday. Finally, we would either buy dinner on the way home or go to the food store every night to purchase ingredients for that nights meal. It would usually cost between $15-$20. If you add everything together, we would spend about $30 - $45 a day to eat. If you multiply that amount by 7 days it would come out to a little over $300 a week to eat. That is a lot of money wasted when you do the math. Yesterday we only spent $170 to purchase food for every meal this week not to mention snacks for the week as well!!!! We planned to create a lot of recipes that used most of the same ingredients. And now that we have the means to reheat left overs as well as keep food fresh in the refrigerator, we will be saving money for our wedding as well as getting even healthier in the process. That is a hell of an investment!!!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 40 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 3 egg whites with a slice of fat free american cheese on 2 slices of Weight Watchers Whole Wheat bread = Points 3
Early Afternoon - 1 veggie burger with a slice of fat free american cheese on 2 slice of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread and a large apple = Points 6
Late Afternoon - 1 veggie burger with a slice of fat free american cheese on 2 slice of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread and a large apple = Points 6
Snacks (During the course of the day, not all at once) - 1 Weight Watchers Brownie, 2 Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies, 1 Weight Watchers Carrot Cake Snack, and 4 rice cakes = Points 9
Dinner - 1 serving of home made Beef Stroganoff (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 9
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers Ice Cream Cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 35 points (5 under my daily limit)

Exercise

I am going to be honest with you, like I have always been since the beginning. I slept right through both my alarms this morning. I also got out of work late today and by the time I was home, I helped my fiancee make dinner and I was too exhausted from a long day to force myself to workout. I couldn't believe myself today, I took the time yesterday to create a great workout routine and I couldn't wake up this morning to execute it. I also couldn't gather the strength to execute the workout tonight either. I was doing so well for a while getting up in the morning. I don't know what happened today. However, I have also learned over the last month, from not only my experiences, but from everyone who has shared advice, that I will not let a missed day of working out get me down. I will pick right up tomorrow morning where I left off. I will keep on pushing forward. I will start my new workout routine tomorrow morning.

Day #43 - Weigh-In = 275.4 lbs
Day #43 Weigh-In











Day #43 Front Shot

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong Chris!!! You're doing great. Don't let missing a day get you down. Start again today! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacque!!! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete