My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, July 2, 2010

Day #32 - Making Adjustments for Month #2

Have you ever stopped to think of how a number can have two different meanings. Well, the number I am thinking about is the current weight I am right now 280 lbs. Let me explain to you how this number can have two different meanings as well as cause to different emotions. For example: a few months before I started my "Mission to Healthy," I stepped on a scale and the weight that was displayed on the screen was 280 lbs. I got down from the scale and stepped on it again to make sure I was seeing the number correctly. And for the second time in a row it said 280 lbs. I immediately became depressed and was in shock that I reached that weight. Now, back to the present day. I stepped on my scale at home a day ago and the screen displayed 280 lbs again, but this time I was jumping for joy. With the weight that my scale was displaying, meant that I had officially lost 22 lbs in 30 days. I am sorry if this was boring to anyone. I just thought it was interesting how a number can have two different meanings.

Anyway, it is the start of Month #2 and I am has motivated today as I was on Day #1 of my mission. I have noticed that I have been stuck around the 280 - 281 lb mark for the last 2-3days. I was curious to see if I was stuck at a plateau, so I went to my computer and conducted a little research. I found on http://www.weightwatchers.com/ that in the beginning of a diet, around the first 3 weeks, a person will lose a good amount of weight that can be described as water weight. Usually after the initial 3 weeks have been completed, a normal & healthy amount of weight to lose a week is between 1-2 lbs. The website also said that if you have been around the same weight for about a week, there is no need to worry. You are not caught in a plateau, you are just losing the weight at a healthy pace. After reading the information, I went back through my records and noticed that in the first 3 weeks I did lose 17 lbs and after the 4th week, the one that just passed, I lost around 4 lbs. Now, I am currently in the middle of week #5 and I am on pace to lose between 1-2 lbs for the week. That means I am right on target for a healthy weight loss pattern.

However, a month / 4 weeks has officially passed and I am aware that your body can get complacent with a meal and workout routine. So, I have decide to switch things up a bit to shock my body. From what I have heard and read, that when your body is shocked, your metabolism can speed up because your body has to readjust to new things, thus making the fat burning process come back into play. As far as switching up my meal routine, I am going to take my 41 points a day and spread it out more evenly across the day so that I am constantly feeding my body but with smaller portions. This method will constantly fuel the fat burring machine that my body can potentially be. I am also switching up my exercise routine. I have been attempting to build a morning workout routine since Day #1 and have come up short, thus making me have to workout at night. I am going to concentrate more on working out in the morning and playing a sport at night. I was thinking basketball, tennis, and of course continuing to play softball. I hope, that the switch up routines, is enough to shock my body and keep the healthy weight loss going.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 41 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - 2 rice cakes, Egg whites on a whole wheat roll with a slice of american cheese and a side of fruit = Points 12
Lunch - 5 oz of sliced deli turkey on a multi grain bagel with a slice of american cheese and lettuce, and a bag of baked Doritos = Points 14
Snack - 2 chocolate rice cakes = Points 2
Dinner - 2 Boca Veggie Burgers with 2 slices of Borden Fat Free American Cheese on 2 pieces of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread, and a side of Alexia Sweet Potato Fries = Points 9
Dessert - 1 Chocolate Fudge Sundae Cone (Weight Watchers) = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points (2 under my limit)

Exercise

Today I ran for 10 mins on the elliptical machine and then did my new chest and bicep upper body workout (put together by my friend who is a personal trainer) that consisted of: Dumbbell Chest Press (4 sets that consist of 8 reps, 10 reps, 12 reps, & 15 reps), Incline Smith Press (3 sets that consisted of 21 reps, 15 reps, & 12 reps), Incline Cable Chest Fly (3 sets that consisted of 15 reps), Straight Bar Curls (4 sets that consisted of 8 reps, 10 reps, 12 reps, & 15 reps), Incline Alternating Dumbbell Curls (4 sets of 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps, & 6 reps), Low Pulley Hammer Curls (3 sets until tired). Each time I did an exercise that went down in reps, I went up weight by 5 lbs. For each exercise that went up in reps, I went down in weight. Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and my new core body workout.

Day #32 - Weigh-In = 280.8 lbs
Day #32 Weigh-In











Day #32 Front Shot




No comments:

Post a Comment