My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day #29 - If at First You Don't Succeed, Try Again

I did not make it to the gym this morning. It wasn't because I slept through the alarm like usual, it was because I hit the snooze button, rolled over, and fell back asleep. Yes, I totally ignored the alarm and chose to go back to sleep. That was my fault.

However, I received a cool message this morning from one of my friends from high school. In her message, totally by coincidence, she was talking about how she over came her issues with trying to wake up in the morning to workout. She explained to me that she puts her alarm in a separate room. It is still close enough for her to hear it, but she has to get out of bed to turn it off. When she gets up to turn it off, she says to herself, "I am already up, I might as well go to the gym." I think that is a great tip to help force yourself to workout in the morning. I like it so much that I am going to attempt it tonight. I am hard of hearing as it is, at least that is what my fiancee says. So, I am going to try it out by putting my alarm on the other side of the room. I am determined to try anything to help me build a morning workout routine. Wish me luck.

Anyway, I did make my way to the gym today after work. Even though I did not make it this morning like I wanted, I was still going to make it to the gym like planned. While walking to the entrance of the gym, I noticed a nice looking lady walk in right in front of me. Now, I am human people, I will take notice to nice looking people. As I walked in right behind her, it was like I was walking into a photo shoot for the cover of a health magazine. I mean come on really, I was the only out of shape person there. I usually go late at night around 10:30pm because I have things to do right after I get home from work. I wanted to get in early tonight because I didn't want to be up until 1am again writing my blog. Also, I want to make sure that I can wake up tomorrow morning for attempt # 30 at starting a morning routine. Needless to say, I felt like I worked out in a photo shoot for a calendar featuring hot people. I hope they make me "Mr. July."

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 41 Points)
(For everyone who is just starting to follow the blog, I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Scrambled egg whites on whole wheat toast with a slice of american cheese and a side of fruit = Points 9
Lunch - Foot long chicken teriyaki on whole wheat bread with 2 slices of american cheese and sweet onion sauce and a bag of baked chips from Subway = Points 18
Snack -  2 chocolate rice cakes = Points 2
Dinner - 2 cups of steamed chicken and broccoli with a cup of brown rice = Points 10

Total Points Eaten Today = 39 Points (I was 2 points under my limit)

Exercise

I ran on the elliptical today for 30 mins. I then attempted to do my core body workout but my abdominal muscles were still soar from Saturday. I would get into the third crunch and my stomach muscles would start cramping. So, I did 12 sets of body twists on the cable machine at different angles. Hopefully I will be able to do crunches again by Wednesday. I will be running tomorrow for 15 mins and then I will do my lower body routine.

Day #29 - Weigh-In = 281.2 lbs
Day #29 Weigh-In











* I purchased a newspaper this morning but forgot it at work. That is why I am not holding one in tonight's picture.
Day #29 Front Shot








 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's Brenda again...wow you're doing such a great job...keep it up. I do the same for my morning walks...hopefully runs by the end of the summer, but I use 3 alarm clocks...all across the room from my bed. I don't trust myself if I don't! Once I'm up, I stay up! Keep up the great work. I'll be visiting my family on the east coast next week and the week after...maybe we can meet up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete