My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day #30 - You Win Again Pillow

Last night I was determined to get my butt out of bed this morning and to start the first day of my new morning workout routine. Let's just say this morning didn't go quit as planned.

I was given a great tip yesterday from a friend for getting up out of bed in the morning to workout. I setup to alarms last night. The first alarm was across my bed room on my dresser top and it was set for 7:30 am. The second alarm was setup for 7:45 am right by my head to assure that I would be woken up if I didn't hear the first alarm from across the room. The next set of details is how my fiancee describes the comedy show that took place in my room this morning. And when I say comedy show, I mean me being half asleep while attempting to get up in the morning to workout.

The first alarm went off at 7:30am like planned. My fiancee nudges me a couple times. I sit up in bed, half a sleep. I roll out of bed and head over to the dresser to turn off the first alarm. Not knowing where I was exactly, I pace about three times back and fourth at the foot of the bed mumbling to myself. I finally sit down on the bed while my fiancee was talking to me and slowly fell back a sleep with my head on her leg. About three minutes later I wake myself up trying to get comfortable and realized that my head was on her leg. I slowly sit up and she tells me several times to get up and go workout. The second alarm then proceeds to go off. I don't even remember this part I am about to tell you next. I then point at the second alarm, then the first alarm, and then my fiancee and say you are all against me. After that little outburst a crawl back into bed, tell her that I need 5 more minutes and then fall back asleep. I woke up at 9:15am, realized that I was going to be late for work, jumped out of bed to get ready, and then left for work.

While on my way to work, she told me the details of the comedy routine I put on for her. She then tells me that I have no idea what she had to go through this morning to try and get me out of bed. I explained to her that I did not remember anything and that I was sorry for putting her through all of that this morning.

I ended up going to the gym after work today and completed the routine I had setup for today. I will try once again, to get up tomorrow morning. I am going to have to try a little harder, because I am obviously not a morning person. At least I still went to the gym today and didn't give up on the mission.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man = 41 Points)
(For everyone who is new to the blog, I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on a whole wheat roll with a slice of american cheese and a side of fresh mixed fruit = Points 9
Lunch - 1 piece of grilled chicken on a whole wheat roll with 2 slices of american cheese and a side of 40% reduced fat kettle cooked potato chips = Points 16
Snack - 3 chocolate rice cakes = Points 3
Dinner - My fiancee made a great home made Beef Stroganoff Meal (Weight Watchers Recipe) = Points 11
Dessert - 1 cup of Chocolate Brown Ice Cream (Weight Watchers) = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 41 Points

Exercise

I went to the gym tonight after work and I ran on the elliptical for 15 mins. I then did my lower body routine with the weight machines: Leg Press (4 sets x 15 reps), Leg Extensions (4 sets x 15 reps), Leg Curls (4 sets x 15 reps), and Calve Raises (4 sets x 15 reps). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio as well as my core body routine.

Day #30 -Weigh-In = 280.8 lbs
Day #30 Weigh-In











Day #30 Front Shot











Dinner Shot - Beef Stroganoff
Weight Watchers' Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment