My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day #14 - An Old School Workout


The Day in Review

Hey friends!! Today was a much better day. First of all, I was able to control myself as far as my meals go. Even after falling off the path for the last five days, I was able to call on that will power once again and coasted through the day with ease! However, the work day was extremely busy once again and I had no time to make it to the gym.

But I did find a way to supplement a gym workout with an old school workout. Let me explain what I mean. The company I work for now has an office on the second floor of a large business complex as well as some office space on the ground floor of that same building. While the upstairs office is pretty much setup, the downstairs office space needs some work done. The space that we are currently in has some desks, a large conference table, large book shelves, and several smaller pieces of furniture still in it from the previous tenant. My boss had asked us to clean up the space so we could comfortably work out of it. And when he requested the task, I immediately jumped on it because I knew there was going to be a lot of heavy lifting and moving around. So if I did not have time for the gym, I was going to make my own workout to fill in that void.

Let me tell you all, this furniture we had to move was old and extremely heavy! I was actually sweating 5 minutes into the project and continued to sweat all the way through. There was so much to move and clean up that we still need to put some time into it tomorrow. I actually feel like I did a legit workout in the gym tonight. My body is so sore right now!! I think I did a somewhat good job turning nothing into something.


Today's Meal (I am allowed 57 Weight Watcher's Points / Day)

Lunch #1 - Double Turkey Sub on Wheat Bread with American Cheese, Pickles, a side of apple slices, and a side of Sun Chips = 26 Points
Lunch #2 - 2 Boca Chicken Patties on Wheat Bread with 2 Slices of WW American Cheese and a side of baked Tostitos = 15 Points
Dinner - 1 1/2 Servings of Rice O Roni Chicken Rice with 2 servings of Grilled Chicken Strips = 14 Points
Snack - 1 WW Chocolate Chip Cookie = 2 Points

Total Points Eaten Today = 57 Points


Today's Workout / Exercise Routine

Unfortunately I did not make it to the gym again today. However, I did suppliment that with a lot of heavy lifting and cleaning.


Today's Photo

Tuesday, September 25, 2012
(Front Shot)

1 comment:

  1. Great job!! When I was wearing the BodyBugg I saw very clearly that when I did anything, even dishes, with just a bit more gusto, I'd burn quite a lot of calories.
    Even just picking up our pace walking from room to room makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete