My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, March 4, 2011

Days #270 - #278 - I'm Sorry!! / Side Shots!!

Hello everyone!! I know it has been a while since my last post and I am very sorry. But this last week has been a wild roller coaster ride that just started to calm down. First of all, I started this week, on Monday, working at the same place I just ran the event for down in Charleston. However, I am now with a new company making a lot more money, that will help Patty and I pay for the wedding we want! Yes my friends, the Heavy Man has taken a step forward in his career! And I can't even explain how much happier I am that this has happened to Patty and myself. The road to get to this point was a long one but I am ready to hit the ground running once again.

Anyway, this last week has also been an up and down ride for the mission as well. I have been exercising constantly but have been slipping a little on the eating side. Now I don't want you all to get the wrong impression. It is not like I sit here and stuff my face everyday. I have had a few more cheat meals in the past week than I would of like to. And I have disappointed myself in the process. I weighed in last Thursday, Feb 24, 2011 at 194 lbs. And as of this morning I weighed in the 198 lbs range. I feel like I have gotten lazy in the past week and it has got to stop! Now gaining 4 lbs in 9 days is not that big a deal but it can become one, if I don't make an effort to get back on track. I now see it as a must and not an option because I will never go back to the way I was. I also have to get back to my daily posts because they keep me on track by talking about my ups and downs everyday.

But enough about the depressing stuff. I am not going to show you the last 9 days of "update photos" because it will be very repetitive and a little boring. But I am going to show you this month's edition of my "Side Shot Photos." I want to thank you all for being so patient with me over the last 2 months, with my on and off postings. I am finally starting to get back on track with this new job and my wedding is getting closer and closer by the day. It is time for me to man up and get focused once again!
Day #1 (May 31, 2010) - 302 lbs
Tues, Feb 1, 2011 - 202 lbs
Fri, Mar 4, 2011 - 198.2 lbs
With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 43 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

Breakfast - Egg whites with a slice of cheese on a whole wheat bagel = Points 11
Snacks - 1 serving of sun chips and grapes = Points 4
Lunch - 1 serving of homemade Chicken Parm (Weight Watcher's Recipe) with a serving of whole wheat pasta = Points 10
Dinner - 1 serving of Chicken and Broccoli with a side of brown rice and an egg roll = Points 17

Total Points Eaten = 42 Points

Exercise

This morning I did my cardio workout for 50 mins and then I did 10 minutes of core exercises.

Day #278 - Weigh-In = 198.2 lbs
Day #278 Weigh-In










Day #278 Front Shot
 

2 comments:

  1. dang ! it seem like you are doing really well.

    also it Doesn't matter what diet you're on, the hardest obstacle in dieting is control hunger pangs and cravings.
    You might like to try out a product that does exactly that: fresh-frozen Hoodia (a well known appetite depressant) in the form of small and convenient ice cubes – hence its name, the ice cube diet.
    It just helps you eat less and makes your dieting easier.
    http://www.icecubediet.com/
    Good luck to you all and for those who do try it out, please do share your experiences with me – John - icecube.john@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how improved your posture is! Really looking good, great job

    ReplyDelete