My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day #237 - An Adjustment Period

Yesterday morning (Sat, Jan 22, 2011) I weighed in again at 202 lbs!! It was my second day in row weighing in the 202 lbs range. This means that as of yesterday, I was still at 100 lbs lost for the mission!! And I know this next part is going sound stupid. But I actually went out with Patty's family, who was up by us yesterday, for a cheat meal to celebrate my 100 lbs lost. I know it sounds like a bad idea but I was so happy with myself that I just had to do it. I know this morning's weigh-in might be a little over 202 lbs but it was well worth it. Not to mention, yesterday was the first day I lifted weights in a week, so that will add to the potential higher weigh-in as well. But I am determined to be under 200 lbs by the end of next week anyway. I now know it is possible for me to be at 202 lbs or 100 lbs lost!

Anyway, I took my first weight lifting trip to my new gym yesterday. And let me tell you what an experience that was. As you all know, I am very used to an empty gym and being abe to use any machine I want, at any time. But yesterday was not the same story. This new gym, Platinum fitness, is a very popular gym and it is always crowded in there. I think the $10/ month plan is obviously working. Getting back to the story, I was actually fighting for machines. Which in a way actually caused my workout to speed up because I had to time everything perfectly before another person jumped on the machine that I had to use next. So it actually made me sweat a little more than usual. But on the other hand, it was not fun trying to sneak my way onto a machine. This new gym transition is going to be an adjustment period that I am going to have to be patient with. And believe me, I am not going to give up, even if I have to fight for every machine. I mean not literally fight with everyone, I mean work even harder to get what I have to get done.

Well it is another full day of NFL football and I am excited to see both games!! Until the next post, have a great Sunday my friends!

With that being said, let's get to the details of yesterday (Sat, Jan 22, 2011):

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 45 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watcher's PointsPlus program)

*Yesterday was a cheat meal day, to celebrate my 100 lbs lost for the mission. I will be back on the normal eating routine again today.

Breakfast - 4 nutrigrain waffles
Snacks - 1 apple, 1 pear, (2) 100 cal pretzel packs, and 2 granola bars
Lunch - 1 serving of french onion soup, a cheese burger with waffle fries, and a serving of peanut butter pie
Dinner - 1 serving of whole wheat pasta and 2 pieces of home made garlic bread (All Weight Watcher's Ingredients)
Dessert - 1 Weight Watcher's ice cream cone

Exercise

Yesterday I executed my weight lifting routine: Dumbbell Press on Stability Ball, Lat Pull Down, and Side Dumbbell Lunges (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Push Ups w/ Stability Ball, Upright Cable Rows on Half Ball, and Alternating Bicep Curls (4 sets of each x 15 reps each), Cable Rows, Side Raises, and Squats with Stability Ball ( 4 sets of each x 15 reps each), and Planks, Triceps Push Downs, and Side Dumbbell Bends (4 sets of each x 15 reps each). Today I played basketball and tomorrow I will be executing my weight lifting routine again.

Day #237 - Weigh-In = 202.0 lbs
Day #237 Weigh-In











Day #237 Front Shot

3 comments:

  1. Retooling my weight lifting routine, I see you squat and that reminds me I need to do so as well. Where is my pencil...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not stopped by for a while: congratulations on your !00 pound loss!!! That is simply astonishing! Wahoooo!!!

    ReplyDelete