My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day #152 - Travel Series Part 10c - The Comfort of Home

The one thing I love about traveling constantly for work, is that I get to see all these different places just about every week. I was in Florida a few weeks ago, Las Vegas this week, and next week I am traveling out to San Francisco. But there is absolutely nothing in this world that can beat the feeling of arriving home after a long day of traveling. The sense of comfort that I feel when I walk through my front door is second to none. And the best part about my traveling this week, is that the event in Vegas was on a Thursday and I just arrived home about 5 minutes ago. This means that actually get to have a full weekend at home! This is the first time I will have a full weekend at home since the last week in September!

Knowing that Patty and I had a 5:00 pm flight out of Vegas today, made it a little easier for us to get packed and check out of the hotel. But before we did so, I wanted to make sure that I got my workout in because I know by the time I arrived home tonight, I was not going to be in any mood to lift weights. So I ended up taking advantage of the last free fitness center pass and man did I have a great workout. After that portion of my day was over, I made my way back to the room to help Patty pack. After we were checked out of our room, we decided to grab a quick healthy lunch and to spend a little more time gambling before we had to catch our flight. I don't know if luck was on our side but we played our wedding date on the roulette table a couple of times and won about 4 times doing so!

Anyway, it is very late and I am absolutely exhausted by the traveling and the affect the time zone difference has had on my body the last few days. The trip was a great success! The event went very well, we saw a decent amount of Vegas in only a day and a half, I ate pretty healthy, and exercised both days I was there. But I am glad that I am home, especially for my favorite holiday of the year. Until tomorrow my friends, have a great night!

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 36 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Lunch - Turkey on a spinach wrap with a little mayo, 1 slice of bacon and a side of chips = Points 16
Snacks During the Day - 2 health bars, 2 serving of beef jerky, and 4 eggo nutrigrain waffles = Points 15
Dinner - Grilled Chicken sandwich = Points 7

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 Points (2 points over my daily limit)

Exercise

Today I executed the weight lifting and strength training portion of my workout routine: Dumbbell Press w/ stability ball, Lat Pull Down, and Leg Press (4 sets of each x 15 reps), Decline Dumbbell Press, Lateral Raises, and Triceps Push Downs (4 sets of each x 15 reps), Close Grip Pull Downs, Alternating Front Raises, and Alternating Single Leg Extensions (4 sets of each x 15 reps), and Stability Ball Crunches, Alternating Dumbbell Curls, and Dumbbell Side Bends (4 sets of each x 15 reps each). Tomorrow I will be doing cardio.

Day #152 - Weigh-In = 238.8 lbs
Day #152 Weigh-In











Day #152 Front Shot








No comments:

Post a Comment