My Story

On Monday, May 31, 2010, I embarked on a mission to lose weight and to get into the best shape of my life for my wedding. For a long time that mission was a success until life started getting stressful and food became a way to cope with that stress. To make a long story short, the mission fell short before my wedding day was here. And to make things even worse, I stopped eating healthy, exercising, and blogging for over two years. I now have a very beautiful wife and baby boy but my health is still crap. So to turn things around, I am brining back "The Heavy Man" and the "Mission to Healthy."

Friday, September 17, 2010

Day #109 - Yet... Another Day on The Go

This morning's adventure, to apply for a passport, went pretty well. I have never had a passport before so I didn't really know what to expect. In order to be able to apply for an expedited passport, you have to schedule a meeting with a regional office. And being that the New York office was booked until next Monday, I decided to take the trip down to Philly. When I think of a meeting, I picture myself sitting in front of a customs agent, in a little cubicle, trying to impress this person so they would give me a passport. I was way off. Once I stepped inside the door, I was put through security, asked to stand in line, asked to show my paper work and proof of US Citizenship, asked to pay the fee, and asked what day I need the passport by. That my friends, was the entire process in a nut shell. I felt like I was on an assembly line for a half an hour and I was out the door before 9:00 am and my meeting was scheduled for 8:30 am. It was the easiest thing I ever applied for in my life. After I was done with the passport stuff, I had to rush back to work so my boss wouldn't be pissed that I missed half the day.

Being that we were on the road for a good part of the morning, Patty and I had to improvise with our meals for the day. We went directly from the hotel room to the regional passport office, and then from there to our office. So we really didn't have anything prepared for breakfast or lunch to take to work with us. I can honestly tell you that since the start of this mission, I have learned to adjust to situations just like this one pretty well. And by learning how to adjust, I have also learned how to build up my "willpower." Believe it or not, I have learned that adjusting to your surroundings,especially when dealing with eating a meal, also helps to develop and build up "willpower." I am now able to go just about anywhere for a meal and have a much better chance of resisting any temptations then I would have about a month ago. Now, I am not saying that I am not tempted at all, because I am. However, because I have had a ton of practice adjusting my meals on the fly to make sure I eat healthy, it has caused me to build up my "willpower" tremendously. Thus helping me to resist temptations a lot more now, then I was able to in the past. To give you an example, I am tempted every night to eat another ice cream cone before I go to bed. However, since I have developed a stronger "willpower", I convince myself that I don't need it and I end up going to bed without eating it. I go through this same process every night. If that is not "willpower", then I don't know what is. Anyway, we had a successful healthy day yet again and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

With that being said, let's get to the details of the day:

Meals of the Day (The Heavy Man - 38 Points)
(I am currently following the Weight Watchers Points System)

Breakfast - Egg whites on a whole wheat bagel with a slice of american cheese = Points 9
Snacks During the Course of the Day - 2 servings of whole wheat mini pretzel sticks = Points 4
Lunch - 6" tuna on whole wheat sub with a slice of american cheese, a serving of baked potato chips, and a serving of apple slices (Subway) = Points 15
Dinner - Steamed chicken with a serving of steamed broccoli and brown rice = Points 8
Dessert - 1 Weight Watchers ice cream cone = Points 2

Total Points Eaten Today = 38 Points

Exercise

Today I ran for 30 mins on the elliptical machine at different resistance levels. Tomorrow I will be executing the weight lifting and strength training portion of my workout routine.

Day #109 - Weigh - In = 252.0 lbs (Still at 50 lbs lost!)
Day #109 Weigh-In











Day #109 Front Shot

2 comments:

  1. Well, can't say I am thrilled it is so easy to get an expedited passport. Border security ought to justify a tighter screening but if you had what they required, then also good you didn't have to endure senseless questions for which answers are a dime a dozen.

    Sounds like a healthy and productive day, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going you're doing great! Congrats on the time on the elliptical. I did 15 minutes at a hotel I was at recently and I thought I was going to die!

    Now if you could convince the Canadian government that getting a passport and ID is so easy I'd really appreciate it :-)

    Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete